The National Agency for the Control of Aids (NACA) invites qualified, interested, competent and duly established Consultancy Firms with proven record of experience and excellence in areas of medical laboratory upgrade to tender RFP documents for the following works:
The National Agency for the Control of Aids (NACA) is an organisation charged with the responsibility of facilitating the development and management of the policies and strategies of all sectors to ensure the human, financial and organizational resources to support the successful execution of the national HIV/AIDS response programme in Nigeria.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Request for Proposal (RFP) – Engagement of Project Management Firm for Supervision of Renovation and Upgrade of 9 Selected Public Health Laboratories in the Six (6) Geopolotical Zones in Nigeria and the National External Quality Assessment Laboratory (NEQAL) Under the Global Fund Resilient & Sustainable Systems for Health (RSSH) II Project Grant
Proposal No: NACA/GF/RSSH/LAB/21
The National Agency for Control of AIDS (NACA) as the Principal Recipient (PR) of the RSSH II grant in collaboration with Nigerian Center for Disease Control (NCDC), the Sub Recipient (SR) for the laboratory systems component of the grant has received support from Global Fund to conduct renovation and upgrade of 9 selected public health laboratories spread across the six geopolitical zones in Nigeria and the National External Quality Assessment Laboratory (NEQAL) Zaria, Kaduna state. The RSSH II gran is aimed at strengthening and improving the health and well-being of the Nigerian people by identifying and addressing systemic issues affecting the optimal delivery of health services in Nigeria.
Consequently, and in accordance with procurement best practice, NACA is calling for submissions for Expression of Interest from qualified, interested, competent and duly established Consultancy Firm with proven record of experience and excellence in areas of medical laboratory upgrade to submit sealed bids as follows.
Scope of Work
- Lot 1 – Cross River state, Gombe, Anambra, Ogun and Ondo State
- Lot 2 – Gombe, FCT, Nasarawa, Jigawa, Kaduna and Taraba Stae
Scope of Work for the Supervision and Monitoring Exercise:
- Closely supervise the rehabilitation, upgrade activities and project implementation by contractors across selected laboratories and provide necessary professional guidance and direction for successful implementation of the project. Ensure adequate utilization of funds released to contractors and project delivery within in accordance with program of work and delivery timeline.
- Arrange for and conduct handing over of renovated sites in conjunction with facility end-user/beneficiary.
- Monitoring of project implementation by assessing adequacy of the contractor’s workplan and associated timeline for project implementation and material ordering schedule.
- Work in collaboration with appointed individual Consultant Expert on molecular/BSL-III Labs to ensure established standard and Laboratory work-flow designs are adhered to. This shall also include working closely at project inception to harmonize all discrepancies that may arise between BoQs, drawings and facility.
- Conduct project site meeting with Contractor and relevant stakeholders across all project sites
- Regular site visits and implementation of the necessary quality control measures and preparation of interim valuation reports and payments certificates of work done by Contractors.
- Prepare regular, accurate and professional reporting on all the stages of work in accordance with project work plan.
- Provide necessary Architectural, Mechanical & Electrical Engineering guidance to Contractors to ensure proper implementation of services as it relates to relevant requirement for a BSL-III laboratories especially to HVAC systems.
- The project sites are in the following preselected states Cross-Rivers State, Gombe State, Anambra State, FCT-Abuja, Nasarawa State, Ogun State, Ondo State, Jigawa State, Kaduna State, Taraba State.
- Conduct kick-off meeting with all Contractors in the presence of Client and relevant stakeholders and chart a way forward. Key deliverable here is general brief and overall project implementation schedule.
- Conduct Site Handing over across all facilities across with Contractors in attendance. Deliverable here is Site Handover Certificate.
- Project Inception Report at the end of week-2 of project commencement.
- Detailed Project Implementation Progress Report No.1 and Interim Valuation Report including preparation and submission of Contractors’ payment Certificate No.1 at the end of week-4 of project commencement.
- Detailed Project Implementation Progress Report No.2 and debriefing/review meeting at Client’s office at the end of week-6 of project commencement/implementation.
- Detailed Project Implementation Progress Report No.3 and Interim Valuation Report including preparation and submission of Contractors’ payment Certificate No.2 at the end of week-8 of project implementation.
- Final Activity/Completion Report comprising of recorded challenges and lessons learnt across all facilities and on overall project implementation process at the end of project lifecycle.
- Final Valuation Report and payment Certificate for all Contractors at the end of project cycle.
- Prepare and issue Final Handing over Certificate of the remodeled/renovated laboratories facilities as detailed by client.
Required Functional Expertise
Any candidate firm must have experience and expertise in the following functional areas:
- Management of Civil construction of warehouses or similar solid structures/upgrades for Minimum of one project in the last 5 years.
- Evidence with documentation of stakeholder engagement.
- 5 years Minimum regional experience in industry (technical, economic, political and geographical)
- Project Management for at least 7 years.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Public/private sector Consultancy.
- Evidence of experience at least one large and complex project with limited constraint or time and resources.
In addition to the above, the firm(s) must possess the following:
- Team Leader with a minimum of 12 years work experience in construction works & must have handled at least 3 projects of similar nature and complexity equivalent to this assignment. Minimum of B.Sc/B.Eng in Civil Engineering or relevant field with a master’s degree in Project/Construction Management/PRINCE2 and or PMP Certified and COREN Registered/QSRBN/ARCON.
- Have a team of compliment staff with minimum of Bachelor’s Degree/HND in building construction; quantity surveying, architecture, engineering; electrical or mechanical engineering with a minimum of 8 years experience in the related field.
- The principal and the Firm must be registered with regulatory/ professional bodies for engineers, architects, builders and quantity surveyors
General Eligibility Criteria
- Evidence of company registration (certificate of incorporation of the company) including Forms CAC2 and CAC7;
- Evidence of Company’s Income Tax Clearance Certificate for the last three (3) years (2019, 2020 & 2021 valid till 31st December 2022;
- Copy of Company Audited Accounts for the last 3 years (2019, 2020 and 2021);
- Evidence of PENCOM Compliance Certificate expiring by December 2022;
- Evidence of ITF Compliance Certificate expiring by December 2022;
- Evidence of NSITF Compliance certificate expiring by December 2022;
- Sworn Affidavit disclosing whether or not any officer of the relevant committees of the National Agency for the Control of Aids or the Bureau of Public Procurement is a former or present Director, shareholder or has any pecuniary interest in the bidder and to confirm that all information presented in its bid are true and correct in all particulars;
- The minimum validity period of the Tender should be One Hundred and Twenty (120) Days;
- Evidence of financial capability to execute the contract by submission of Reference Letter from a reputable commercial bank in Nigeria, indicating willingness to provide credit facility for the execution of the project when needed;
- Company’s Profile;
- Evidence of Project Management for at least 7 years
- Verifiable documentary evidence of at least three (3) similar jobs executed in the last five (5) years by showing copy of either Letters of Awards, or Job Completion Certificates or Contract Agreement.
- All documents for submission must be transmitted with a Covering/Forwarding letter under the Company Letter Head Paper using the Tender Submission Sheet TSO 2021 6 6 template in Form G-1 and bearing amongst others, the Registration Number (CAC), Contact Address, Telephone Number (Preferable GSM No.), and e-mail address, duly signed by the authorized officer of the firm. An unsigned bid will be disqualified.
- Signed Cover letter attached to the technical submission with the company’s letter head.
Application Closing Date
12:00 Noon, 3rd June, 2022.
Submission of Documents
Prospective consulting firms are to submit three (3) hard copies according to the lot (one original & two copies) of the requested documents and financial bid. Thereafter, the Tenderer shall enclose the original in one (1) envelope and all the copies of the Tender in another envelope, duly marking the envelopes as “Technical” and “Financial”. The two (2) envelopes shall then be enclosed and sealed in one (1) single outer envelope and delivered to the:
National Agency for the Control of AIDS (NACA),
Ground Floor Room 1.08,
No. 3 Zinguinchor Street,
Beside AEDC Office,
Wuse zone 4,
F.C.T – Abuja.
Email: [email protected]
Tel: +234-9-4613726-9 Fax: +234 94613700
- Bids must be in English Language and signed by an official authorized by the bidder;
- Bids submitted after the deadline for submission would be rejected;
- NACA reserves the right to evaluate and award per line item and in the event of exigency, NACA may vary the quantities/quality of the items during the time of evaluation, award and execution of contract with respect to this invitation to tender;
- NACA is not bound to shortlist any Consultant, and reserves the right to annul the bidding process at any time without incurring any liabilities or providing reason
Notes / Disclaimer
- Late submissions will not be accepted.
- NACA shall verify any or all documents and claims made by applicants and will disqualify consultants with falsified documents and claims.
- If it is determined that submitted documents and claims have been falsified, the consultant may face prosecution in a court of Law.
- NACA shall not be held responsible for any disqualified proposal as a result of any omission or deletion relating to the submission guidelines.
- This advertisement shall not be construe a contract to any Consultant, nor shall it entitle any Consultant submitting documents to claim any indemnity from NACA.
- NACA is not bound to shortlist any Consultant, and reserves the right to annul the bidding process at any time without incurring any liabilities or providing reason.
Click Here (PDF) for a detailed description of the RFP.