The International Organization for Migration (IOM) invites experienced and interested graphic design, illustration and multimedia companies both at local and national levels working in migration and human trafficking to submit RFP documents for the following works:
The International Organization for Migration (IOM) is a United Nations agency that provides services and advice concerning migration to governments and migrants, including internally displaced persons, refugees, and migrant workers.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Request for Proposal (RFP) – Service Provider – Graphics Design of IEC Materials on Trafficking in Persons (TiP) And Production of a Sensitization Video Animation
RFP No.: 4200214755
Despite significant efforts of the Federal Government of Nigeria (GoN) to counter trafficking in persons (TiP), Nigeria remains a country of origin, transit, and destination for human trafficking. Driven by the demand for cheap labour and commercial sex, trafficking rings across borders and within countries capitalize on economic, social, and political vulnerabilities to exploit their victims. Irregular migrants along the Central Mediterranean route to Europe are particularly at risk. While the National Referral Mechanism present in Nigeria provides guidance on the referral process and stimulates the need for a multi-sectoral approach in the provision of assistance to victims of trafficking, the actual operationalization of the referrals and provision of comprehensive rehabilitation and re-integration assistance, is relatively weak.
To address this, IOM under the Special Measures Project funded by the European Union as part of the EU-IOM Joint Initiative established structures under the Awareness Raising component. The main objective is to enable migrants and potential migrants make informed decisions about their migratory journey and to sensitize communities.
To achieve this, IOM seeks to develop an animation video to sensitize source communities on trafficking in persons (TiP) issues, establish solutions to address stigma and foster rehabilitation and re-integration and also design and develop appropriate Information, Education and Communication materials (IEC) with key messages on Trafficking in Persons, safe migration, raising risks on irregular migration. All the proposed IEC materials will be developed through a participatory approach in coordination with key partners such as National Orientation Agency (NOA), National Commission for Refugees, Migrants and Internally Displaced Persons (NCFRMI), and the National Agency for the Prohibition of Trafficking in Persons (NAPTIP).
Purpose of Assignment
To provide graphic design, illustration and multimedia-printing services for IEC materials for the Special Measure Project: EU-IOM Joint Initiative for Migrant Protection and Reintegration Project and to produce a 2D two-minutes video animation to sensitize source communities on trafficking in persons (TiP) issues, raise awareness to reduce stigma and foster rehabilitation and reintegration.
Scope of Work / Work Assignments:
Under supervision of the Awareness Raising Officer and in collaboration with the Counter Trafficking Officer, the service provider will undertake the following:
- Develop a workplan and schedule of achieving the assignment. This should be submitted within five days of signing the contract and its finalization will involve integration of feedback from IOM.
- Designing gender sensitive characters and illustrations for IEC materials with 10 key messages on Trafficking in persons under the Special Measure Project, including adapting characters as developed under the EU-IOM Joint Initiative, deliver creative and innovative illustrations and designs for print.
- Develop 2 minutes 2D animation aimed at sensitizing source communities on trafficking in persons (TiP) issues, raise awareness on reducing stigma and foster rehabilitation and reintegration.
- Submit a final two-minute video animation incorporating feedback provided by IOM.
- Poster designs with 10 illustrations that can be used for A4 posters, and A3 stickers.
- Designs for wristbands with the key messages outlined
- Facilitate pre-testing/review session for both animation and illustrations with both the state and non-state actors (for this, IOM will cover logistics for partners and venue only)
- Consolidate inputs from IOM and other relevant partners from the review process.
- Submit a final approved animation and high definition PDF files of the illustrations to IOM for printing
- Submit to IOM all the raw files for illustrations in AI or in design format for filing and retrieval
- Note that the service provider may be asked to perform other duties that may not have been captured in this EOI but relevant to the engagement.
IOM invites experienced and interested graphic design, illustration and multimedia companies both at local and national levels working in migration and human trafficking to submit an Expression of Interest (EoI), along with requisite organizational documents and a cover letter in support of their application.
Application Closing Date
4:00pm, 1st April, 2022.
Submission of Documents
The completed EoI should be placed in a plain, sealed envelope and clearly marked: Expression of Interest: Service Provider- Graphics Design of IEC Materials on Trafficking in Persons (TiP) And Production of a Sensitization Video Animation to IOM Nigeria, Lagos sub-Office to the below address:
International Organization for Migration (IOM),
1, Isaac John Street,
E-mail: [email protected]
Interested companies will be expected to submit their proposal as an EoI in the following manner:
- Each proposal shall incorporate a detailed program design, including background and work plan.
- Provide detailed financial costs, mentioning unit costs and rates.
- Each proposal should contain an organizational profile and a portfolio of previous work done in similar field for similar organisations, especially on Communication for Development and behavioural change communication.
- The organisational profile should include legal identity documents of the organisation and programs and projects, past and current with short descriptions.
- Only shortlisted service providers will be assessed
Click Here (PDF) for a detailed description of the RFP.