Street Child of Nigeria (SCoN) invites interested and reputable consultants to tender RFP documents for the following works:
Street Child is a UK charity, established in 2008, that aims to create educational opportunity for some of the world’s most vulnerable children Street Child began its work in Sierra Leone in 2008 working with a small number of street children, eight years later we have helped to transform the lives of more than 50,000 children across Sierra Leone, Liberia and Nepal. In 2017 we launched our first project in Nigeria helping children impacted by conflict in the North East to access education.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Request for Proposal (RFP) – Engagement of Human Resources Manager (Consultant) for Street Child International, Nigeria Country Office
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employment Type: Contract
Reporting to: Country Director
Consultancy: 3 months Max (Part Time / Full Time Dependant on Proposal Submitted by Applicant)
Street Child believes that every child deserves the chance to go to school and learn. Our projects focus on a combination of education, child protection and livelihood support to address the social, economic and structural issues that underpin today’s education crisis. We partner with local organisations and communities to deliver our locally rooted programmes, using evidence to drive learning and the refinement and scale up of programmes to create maximum impact for the most children at the lowest cost. We pride ourselves on being willing to go to the world’s toughest places where others won’t, including remote, hard-to-reach areas and fragile, disaster-affected states across sub-Saharan Africa and South Asia. Since 2008 we have helped over 338,000 children to go to school and learn and supported over 29,000 families to set up businesses so they can afford the cost of educating their children.
- The role holder will play a leading role in helping Street Child of Nigeria maintain the highest standard of human recourse management and development of internal systems.
- The HR Consultant will be responsible for establishing strong people processes and supporting a culture that enables high performance and personal growth. Specifically, the HR Consultant will work on a range of HR themed projects to assess, reform and introduce into the SCoN Office.
Scope of Service
Over a specified period of time (as per the proposal), the HR consultant will look to deliver on a range of HR Management Project’s, levelling up and entrenching them into the fabric of the SCoN Office. These projects being:
Assessment, Revision and Implementation of HR Manual and Supporting Documents:
- Work closely with senior management to review and assess HR policies and procedures, ensuring legal and regulatory compliance for headquarters and country offices.
- Provide recommendations to our HR handbook, policies, and procedures engaging with staff to ensure buy-in to these.
Recruitment and People Planning:
- Develop and introduce effective recruitment mechanisms in the Nigeria context, in line with current policies. Train and develop junior staff to administer these mechanisms.
Performance Management & Training:
- Lead the development of the Learning and Development Country Plan for Nigeria. conduct Training Needs Assessments (TNAs) on all staff national staff and identify financial viable and relevant capacity-building opportunities.
- Performance appraisal. Work with line managers to ensure performance appraisal is completed leading to updated Job descriptions and individual annual plans.
Salary and Benefit Assessment:
- In line with sector standard and levels, conduct a salary and benefit assessment resulting in a conclusive presentation and report for SCoN to take actions on.
Requirements and Application
- 2 Page (max), Proposal / Expressions of interest summary on how the candidate intends to achieve the HR management projects specified above. Candidates must include specifics on methods of implementation, time line to achieve projects, resources needed (if any).
- Financial compensation for services must be included in the proposal.
- A Curriculum Vitae for the proposed team should be submitted along with the expression of interest.
- Documented references, preferably with Non-Governmental Organizations, detailing name of client, address, contact person and year.
Application Closing Date
30th March, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates across Nigeria and beyond should please send their Expression of Interests as well as the mandatory Documents stated above to: [email protected] and [email protected] using “(RFP) for Engagement of Human Resource Manger Consultancy for Street Child International, Nigeria Country Office” as the subject of the email.
- Any applications that do not supply the minimum requirements will be removed from the application process. In addition, applicant should be conscious of the personal specification.
- Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis and the position will close prior to the date if a suitable candidate is found.