The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) invites qualified and interested service provider(s) to submit RFP documents for research and promotion services:
The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) is a UN agency mandated to aid and protect refugees, forcibly displaced communities, and stateless people, and to assist in their voluntary repatriation, local integration or resettlement to a third country.
UNHCR, the UN Refugee Agency, is a global organization dedicated to saving lives, protecting rights, and building a better future for refugees, forcibly displaced communities, and stateless people. Dealing with an increasing number of Persons of Concern (PoCs).
Applications are invited for:
Title: Request for Proposal (RFP) – Research and Promotion Services for UNHCR’s Islamic Philanthropy Programme Globally
Statement of Purpose & Objectives
UNHCR is looking to appoint qualified service provider(s) for research and promotion services on UNHCR’s Refugee Zakat Fund program around the world. The service provision is being extended to global scale with the aim to support UNHCR’s Islamic Philanthropy activities globally, focusing on regions where UNHCR is having private sector fundraising programs: MENA (Middle East and North Africa), Asia and Pacific, Africa, Europe, and Americas.
Countries of initial priority: Canada, USA, UK, France, Turkey, GCC (Kuwait, Qatar, UAE, KSA), Egypt, Nigeria, Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand (priorities may change during the course of the contract and will be developed as part of the programme linked to the contract)
PSP will be appointing a main and a back-up supplier to scale up the programs in a more sustainable way; and to avoid any service gap if the primary service provider has performance issues. The service provision shall start upon completion of the selection process for one year. The contract may be extended for further period of two years, subject to satisfactory performance.
- Keep building the momentum and awareness around UNHCR’s Refugee Zakat Fund and the fact that refugees in the region and globally are one of the most vulnerable groups deserving of Muslims’ giving, especially Zakat and Sadaqah.
- Help building the awareness around UNHCR’s Refugee Zakat Fund and its success, particularly in terms of impact for beneficiaries.
- Position UNHCR as a major actor on the Islamic Philanthropy (IP) market by associating it with other prominent players.
- Highlight the fact that UNHCR is channelling 100% of all received Zakat funding to eligible refugee families.
- Highlight the fact that no other organization supports refugees like UNHCR.
- Frame the conversation of how Zakat funds are being distributed in a way that highlights UNHCR’s innovative delivery of humanitarian aid (cash assistance program), while respecting the specifics of Zakat.
- Highlight the fact the Zakat compliance of the Refugee Zakat Fund.
- Help building trust and credibility among charitable Muslim audiences (both individuals and institutions) towards UNHCR as the leading UN organization in Islamic philanthropy.
- Build strategic relationships and collaborate with various industry stakeholders to gain access to new corporate/institutional/HNWI donors.
- Build partnerships with relevant media, to include Islamic ones (TV channels, blogs etc.).
In order to be eligible to participate at this bidding, your company must be compliant with the below pre-selection criteria:
- Being able to provide services in the regions where UNHCR is having private sector fundraising programs: MENA (Middle East and North Africa), Asia and Pacific, Africa, Europe, and Americas. Service provision can be managed directly or via third-party (sub-contractors). Please use the technical response form to mark your answers and provide information to establish compliance.
Companies are expected to provide the following services:
- Market research and feasibility studies
- Event management and promotional services of IP reports, publications, and other publicity requirements
- Article writing and publishing of editorials on behalf of UNHCR
- Consultancy services
Application Closing Date
13th April, 2022.
Submission of Documents
Bids should be submitted by file upload to eTenderBox, the online bid registration tool of UNHCR.
Click Here to access the eTenderBox.
- RFP-HCR-PSP-MENA-22-01_Cover Letter_Islamic Philanthropy (PDF).
- Annex A_RFP-HCR-PSP-MENA-22-01_Terms of Reference (PDF).
- Annex B1_RFP-HCR-PSP-MENA-22-01_Technical Response Form (MS WORD).
- Annex B2_RFP-HCR-PSP-MENA-22-01_Financial offer form (MS EXCEL).
- Annex C_Vendor Registration Form (PDF).
- Annex D_EN_UNHCR General Conditions – Goods and Services (PDF).
- Annex D1_AR_UNHCR General Conditions – Goods and Services (PDF).
- Annex E_Special Data Protection Conditions version 2020 (PDF).
- Annex F_UN Supplier Code of Conduct (PDF).
- Annex G_RFP-HCR-PSP-MENA-22-01_Acknowledgements (MS WORD).
- Annex H_eTenderBox Registration Guide (PDF).
- Annex I_eTenderBox Supplier User Manual (PDF).