HEALTH STRATEGY AND DELIVERY FOUNDATION
CALL FOR PROPOSAL (CSOs/CBOs – DIABETES AWARENESS AND CARE PROJECT IN NIGERIA) – FCT, IMO AND KANO STATES
The Diabetes Awareness and Care (DAC) project, aimed at improving Diabetes outcomes in selected communities in Imo and the FCT, is scaling up to new states, Lagos and Kano. The project will strengthen evidence-based programming and policy making by utilizing various approaches, including advocacy to multiple stakeholders, performance management, education at the community level, sensitization of health workers, guideline development and training to improve access to diabetes prevention and care services. A key project objective is to raise awareness of type 2 diabetes mellitus (T2DM) and hypertension, their risk factors and prevention in targeted communities in Kano, Imo and the FCT.
This is a call for State-based CSOs/CBOs with experience working within their local communities to submit proposals to support community-level activities for the DAC project.
SCOPE OF WORK
A. Conduct advocacy visits the relevant community stakeholders and sensitization on T2DM risk factors.
Prevention and access to care at Secondary and tertiary institutions, NYSC camps and communities.
B. Conduct targeted outreach activities on T2DM risk factors, share prevention messages, screening activities and facilities referrals of at-risk persons.
C. Engagement with select primary health care facilities to plan outreaches.
D. Retrieve, store and distribute job aids. IEC materials, screening equipment and consumables to project health facilities.
E. Facilitate world diabetes, hypertension and world health day.
F. Participate in project training sessions as required.
Please email [email protected] for more information regarding project sub-activities and expected targets.
CSOs/CBOs should meet the following criteria:
1. Previous community-level work: Experience working within communities.
2. Transparent Financial Management records system.
3. Registered (with proof and fulfillment of all legal requirements) at the Federal and State level.
4. Previous experience working in the state (at least two years) with a suitable track record.
5. Local NGO with a verifiable physical office in the target states.
6. Adequate staff strength with technical capacity that is verifiable, ability to provide staff list with designations.
7. At least two references from reputable organizations.
Advantages: Previous experience working on non-communicable diseases.
Interested organizations should email all documents in pdf format to [email protected] no later than 6pm on Monday, 6th November, 2023. Kindly specify the preferred state of operation.