IntraHealth International is a global health nonprofit that has worked in over 100 countries since 1979. We improve the performance of health workers and strengthen the systems in which they work so that everyone everywhere has the health care they need to thrive.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Consultant – Finance and Compliance for Nigeria
Requisition Number: CONSU003098
Location: Abuja, FCT, NGA
Job Category: Finance
Summary of Role
- The Finance and Compliance Consultant works to support the ASAP II project in Nigeria which is focused on increasing capacity of local implementing partners (LIPs) to manage PEPFAR-funded programs.
- The consultant is responsible for conducting an organizational assessment and providing capacity-building support to USAID LIPs.
- S/he is responsible for supporting LIPs to improve their grant management, financial management, internal control system, fraud detection and prevention, procurement, financial sustainability, compliance with USG rules and regulations, procedures, standard provisions, and financial reporting requirements.
- S/he is responsible for ensuring the effective use of donor resources to meet project goals.
- S/he will be responsible for strengthening local partners’ financial systems including budgeting, monitoring, forecasting as well as all legal, audit, and contractual compliance.
Roles and Responsibilities
Planning, Budgeting, and Reporting:
- Support LIPs in the development, monitoring, and review of project budget.
- Ensures LIPs compliance with donors’ agreements and that all activities are implemented as per the approved agreement and budget.
- Oversees the preparation of high-quality USAID quarterly and annual financial reports as well as the PEPFAR expenditure analysis report.
- Provide direct mentoring and oversight to project LIPs staff performing financial and administrative functions.
- Advise LIPs senior leadership regularly on financial and operations-related matters.
- Ensures that LIPs financial management systems provide accurate, current and complete disclosure of financial transactions complying with USG rules and regulations, procedures, standard provisions.
- Support LIPs to design and implement sound internal control systems to safeguard assets, financial records, and documents of the organization.
- Provides financial performance feedback to the LIPs leadership team and provides technical assistance to LIPs on financial compliance and reporting.
- Review LIPs financial reports and ensures that expenditures are in line with the budget and in compliance with donor regulations.
- Provide audit readiness support to LIPs.
- Support LIPs in preparing responses to audit findings and follows-up on the implementation of audit recommendations.
- Monitor implementation of action/corrective action plans relative to both internal and external audits.
- Provide on-site support to LIPs by conducting a Non-US Organization Pre-Award Survey (NUPAS) Plus and developing Capacity Development Plan
- Provide TA to LIPs in areas of financial management, accounting, and control systems.
- Ensure transparent documentation of LIPs progress and ability to comply with PEPFAR financial management systems, including expenditure reporting, management of outlays and timely outlay of COP funding.
- Coordinate and provide TA to LIPs in areas of compliance and risk management and assist LIPs in demonstrating compliance with US Standard Provisions for Non-US NGOs.
- Provide specialized TA on audit readiness, specifically addressing the standards set forth in the OIG guidance on Provide asynchronous course on the Guidelines for Financial Audits Contracted by Foreign Recipients, to target finance managers and executive leaders.
- Provide TA to LIPs to complete annual audit requirements for NGOs as outlined in: -OIG guidance on Audits for Foreign Recipients and Standard Provisions for Non-US NGOs and Audits for Foreign Recipients and Standard Provisions for Non-US NGOs.
Education / Experience Requirements
- Master’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or similar field of study and at least eight years of experience in financial and administrative. management with International organizations or a bachelor’s degree in a related field of study and at least 12 years of relevant experience.
- Senior manager experience in financial, administrative, and contract management of USG funded projects, preferably on large & complex global projects.
- Experience managing USAID contracts and have expert knowledge in USG rules and regulations.
- Experience with PEPFAR programming and policies.
- Demonstrate interpersonal skills and ability to manage staff effectively in a complex and changing environment.
- Proven ability to manage confidential matters discreetly and with the trust and confidence of colleagues and clients.
- Experience in providing Organizational Capacity Development Technical Assistance.
- Experience with international donor-supported projects (e.g., USAID and CDC, including PEPFAR)
- Ability to work with a high level of independence, using own initiative.
- Must have strong written and verbal English skills and resides in Nigeria.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified applications should send a PDF copy of their CV to: [email protected] using the title of the position as the subject of the email