The Institute of Human Virology Nigeria (IHVN) is a leading and reputable non-governmental organization addressing infectious and non-infectious diseases such as HIV, tuberculosis (TB) and cancer through the provision of prevention, diagnosis, treatment, capacity building, research, and care and support services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: TB Sample Movement Consultant and Cluster Coordinator
Duration: 6 Months (September 2023 – February 2024)
Reports To: Regional Manager
- The GF TB PPM Project is a strategic initiative with the objective of engaging all private healthcare providers in the fight against Tuberculosis, using international healthcare standards.
- The grant aims to reduce the burden of TB by complementing and accelerating the ongoing activities implemented by the Nigerian government and other partners.
- Using the Hub and Spoke approach, the grant supports the scale-up of private provider engagement for Tuberculosis (TB) control in 21 states (Edo, Delta, Cross River, Akwa Ibom, Benue, Oyo, Ondo, Osun, Ogun, Kogi, Niger, Sokoto, Plateau, Nasarawa, Kaduna, Anambra, Enugu, Rivers, Imo, Abia and Ebonyi).
- The SMC and Cluster Coordinator reports to the regional manager of the IHVN Asaba Regional office.
- The SMC and Cluster Coordinator would collaborate with the technical supervisors to support the State TB program in reviewing the existing GeneXpert and other molecular diagnostic platforms mapping to service providers.
- The SMC& Cluster Coordinator manages the daily activities of the Linkage coordinators (LC) and screening Officers (SO) in the state.
- The SMC& Cluster Coordinator will provide program and M&E functions to designated clusters of PPM providers.
- S/he will collect routine program reports from the LC and SO.
- S/he will ensure that GeneXpert facilities in the states efficiently manage the documentation and record keeping of TB samples.
- S/he will track the monthly functionality status of GeneXpert platforms.
- The SMC/CC will ensure prompt movement of TB samples for the diagnosis of drug-susceptible TB and drug-resistant TB across the state.
- The SMC/CC will conduct routine supervisory visits to TB service providers to ensure the effectiveness of sample referrals in the state and trip reports will be shared with and approved by the Supervisors.
- The SMC/CC will write and share monthly narrative reports on sample shipments which will be reviewed by the finance team before fund disbursement.
- The SMC/CC will ensure the prompt payment of incentives to PPM providers after monthly data validation.
- The SMC/CC will monitor and evaluate value for money for TB samples transported to the diagnostic sites and for TB service delivery in the PPM hubs and spokes.
- The SMC/CC will ensure the completion of the relevant R&R tools.
- The SMC will collaborate with the State team/LGA team/Facility and Community field workers to ensure data quality from GF TB PPM service delivery sites.
- The SMC will be responsible for monitoring TB case-finding activities across GF-supported TB PPM sites across the state in line with the program implementation plan.
- Bachelor’s Degree / HND in Social Sciences, Sociology, Computer Sciences, Mathematics, Statistics, or any related field.
Experience, Skills, and Competencies:
- 1 – 2 years’ experience working in monitoring and evaluation with NGOs.
- Willingness to reside and ability to travel throughout Anambra state, Nigeria.
- Knowledge of how to leverage new technology, remote monitoring platforms, and social media to collect and analyze data.
- Practical knowledge of financial systems, internal financial controls & procedures
- Proficiency in the use of computer application (Microsoft office etc.)
- Fluency in written and oral communication;
- Ability to foster and maintain a spirit of unity, teamwork, cooperation, and learning.
- High degree of accountability and integrity and ability to mentor and inspire subordinates.
- Ability to work both independently and as a part of a team.
- Possess managerial and supervisory skills and should be able to multitask.
Application Closing Date
30th August, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their detailed Curriculum Vitae in Microsoft Word format and a one-page cover letter as one MS Word document explaining suitability for the position, to “the Assistant Director, Human Resources” via: [email protected] using the job title as the subject of the mail.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: IHVN is an equal employment employer. We do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on religion, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, genetic information, or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable laws.