United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential. Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Human Resources Individual Consultant
Job no: 564981
Contract type: (6 months remote)
Categories: Human Resources
How can you make a difference?
- Under the guidance of the Chief of Human Resources, the consultant supports the HR Section in carrying out recruitment.
Major Tasks to Be Accomplished
- Support the Implementation of the Talent Acquisition Strategy
- In collaboration with Hiring Managers, create a Recruitment Plan
- Provide timely support to Hiring Managers in the various areas of recruitment
- Support Human Resources Specialists in ensuring all relevant documents are uploaded in TMS for approval.
- Provide accurate and timely advice to clients on recruitment processes and policies, ensuring the highest level of client orientation.
- Ensure the organizational goals and targets for gender equity and cultural diversity.
- Represent HR in Selection Panels, document the interview process and produce quality selection reports, take appropriate action in TMS, and ensure timely completion of approved priority recruitments while ensuring compliance with staff selection policy, procedures, quality assurance, and time to recruit.
- Participate in reviewing specific JDs to be submitted for classification and take appropriate action to ensure timely completion of the process.
- Work with two UNVs and train them on the different recruitment processes.
- A detailed recruitment status report showing achievements, lessons learned, and recommendations for improving the recruitment process in UNICEF Nigeria should be made available at the end of the contract.
- Completing the recruitment exercise for positions outlined for this consultancy ensures transparency, consistency, equity, and diversity issues are well managed.
To qualify as an advocate for every child, you will have
- Master’s in Business Administration or Human Resources or related field.
- A minimum of five years experience in human resources management and development.
- Experience in the UNICEF/UN and familiarity with UN/UNICEF rules, regulations, and policies would be an asset.
- Understanding of UNICEF’s HR policies & procedures on recruitment
- Ability to use Talent Management System (TMS)
- Demonstrated good collaboration with others
- Drive to achieve results.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
- UNICEF’s values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, Accountability, and Sustainability (CRITAS).
- To view our competency framework, please visit here.
- UNICEF is here to serve the world’s most disadvantaged children, and our global workforce must reflect the diversity of those children. The UNICEF family is committed to include everyone, irrespective of their race/ethnicity, age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, nationality, socio-economic background, or any other personal characteristic.
- UNICEF offers reasonable accommodation for consultants/individual contractors with disabilities. This may include, for example, accessible software, travel assistance for missions, or personal attendants. We encourage you to disclose your disability during your application in case you need a reasonable accommodation during the selection process and afterward in your assignment.
- UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority, and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles.
- All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history.
- Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
Application Closing Date
28th August, 2023 (West Central Africa Standard Time).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Remarks: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.