CHEVRON NIGERIA LIMITED RC 6135
OPERATOR OF THE NNPC/CHEVRON JOINT VENTURE
PROVISION OF INSURANCE COVER FOR THE 2024-2026 (NAIRA) OPERATIONAL INSURANCE PROGRAMS
NIPEX TENDER NO – CNL 0000247
The following Chevron companies in Nigeria; Chevron Nigeria Limited (CNL), operator of the Nigerian National Petroleum company Limited (NNPCL/CNL Joint venture, Star Deep Water Petroleum Limited (SDWPL), operator of the Agbami field on behalf of its co-ventures (FAMFA Oil Ltd, Equinor Ltd, Prime 127 Nigeria Ltd and NNPCL) Jointly referred to in this publication as insured) are seeking interested and prequalified insurers for the provision of their 2024 insurance programs. The insured invites submissions from reputable Nigerian registered Insurance companies (herein after referred to as “Insurers) having “world class” experience in the provision of insurance cover on the insured’s oil and gas operations.
2. SCOPE OF WORK
The scope of work shall include the provision of Insurance cover on the following 2024 Naira denominated Insurance Programs.
A. Group Life Assurance cover for employees
B. Marine Cargo (open cover) insurance
C. Motor vehicle insurance.
The insurers shall retain 100% of the risk and also liaise with the insurance brokers appointed by NNPCL/CNL JV and SDWPL for the purpose of good underwriting, claims administration, policy documentation, renewals, endorsements and general insurance administration as may be necessary.
The proposed contract term is 1 (one) year with an option of 2 (two) years annual renewal.
3. MANDATORY TENDER REQUIREMENTS
A. To be eligible for the tender exercise, interested bidders are required to be pre-qualified and live in the 3.14.05 and/or 3.14.07 (Life and/or Non-Life Insurance Services) categories in Nipex joint Qualification System (NJQS) database. All successfully pre-qualified and live’ suppliers in this category by the bid close date will receive an Invitation to Technical Tender.
B. To confirm if your company is pre-qualified and to view the product/service category you are listed for: Open www.vendors.nipex-ng.com and access NJQS with your company log in details. Click on product/services tab to view your status and product codes.
C. If your company is not listed in this product/service category,you’re your company is registered with Nigerian Upstream Petroleum Regulatory Commission (NUPRC) to do business for this category, please contact NipeX office at 8-10, Bayo kuku road, Ikoyi, Lagos with your company’s NUPRC certificate as evidence for verification and necessary update.
D. To initiate and complete the JQS prequalification process, access www.nipex-ng.com to download the application form, make necessary payments and contact Nipex office for further action.
E. To be eligible, all tenderers must comply with the Nigerian Content Requirements in the NipeX system.
4. NIGERIAN CONTENT REQUIREMENTS
Chevron Nigeria Limited is committed to the development of the Nigerian Oil and Gas business in observance with the Nigerian Oil and Gas Industry Content Development Act 2010 (NOGICD Act) enacted by the Federal Government of Nigeria in April 2010.
Pursuant to enactment of the NOGICD Act, the minimum Nigerian Content in any project, service or product specification to be executed in the Nigerian Oil and Gas Industry shall be consistent with the level set of the schedule of the Development and Monitoring Board (NCDMB).
Contractors shall comply with the provisions of the NOGICD Act and all applicable regulations. Bidders that do not meet the Nigerian Content Criterion will not be allowed to participate in the next tender stage.
The following are the Nigerian content requirements bidders are expected to comply with in their technical bid submission.
1. Demonstrate that entity is a Nigerian registered company with 51% of shareholding capacity. Tenderer shall provide evidence of company ownership structure form CO2 and CO7, registration on NOGIC JQS and NUPRC certificate.
2. Detailed description of the location of in-country committed facilities & infrastructure (Administrative/Technical offices, workshop) in Nigeria to support this contract.
3. Provide evidence of what percentage of your key management positions is held by Nigerian and what percentage of the total workforce are Nigerian.
4. The tenderer shall provide evidence of category 1,2,3,4 or 5 Non-Movable Asset (DA) group NCEC to demonstrate capacity & capability to execute the work scope.
5. Tenderer shall comply with the latest approved version of NCDMB HCD guideline by committing (via a letter of undertaking) to providing project–specific training, man-hour, budget skill development and understudy plan for Nigerian personnel utilizing OGTAN registered trainer(s) or other approved NCDMB training institution(s).
6. Tenderer shall submit valid proof of: Evidence that the under-listed Insurance target can be handled in-country
• 100% for Life insurance
• 70% for non-life insurance
• 40% for marine insurance
Note that these insurance risks will be placed in-country with Nigerian Insurers and 100% Nigerian Insurance Brokers will be utilized in line with NAICOM guidelines and procedures.
Provide proof of NAICOM approval certificate that all in-country capacity for the risk has been utilized before any reinsurance of the excess capacity with international underwriters.
Tenderer shall provide evidence of current NAICOM certificates and legally binding MOA with Re-Insurance Company.
5. CLOSE DATE
Only bidders who are prequalified and live with NJQS Product/Category 3.14.05 and/or 3.14.07 (Life and/or Non-Life Insurance Services) as of by 16:00hours, 11 August, 2023 being the advert close date shall be invited to submit technical bids.
6. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
1. Suppliers eligible for this tender opportunity are expected to be prequalified and “live” in NJQS under the above product/service category.
2. The Invitation to Tender (ITT) and any further progression of this tender shall be via NipeX.
3. Bidders who for this bid process enter a Joint venture (JV), partnership, consortium etc. with another bidder that is bidding for this service will be disqualified.
4. All cost incurred in preparing and processing NJQS prequalification shall be to the contractor’s accounts.
5. This advertisement shall neither be construed as any form of commitment on the part of Chevron Nigeria Limited to award any contract to any company and or associated companies, sub-contractors or agents, nor shall it entitle prequalified companies to make any claims whatsoever, and/or seek any indemnity from Chevron Nigeria Limited and or any of its partners by virtue of such companies having been prequalified in NJQS.
6. The tendering process shall be the NNPC contracting process requiring pre-qualified companies to submit both technical and commercial tenders at the same time.
7. CNL reserves the right any and or all pre-qualified bids at its sole discretion and at no cost to company
8. Chevron Nigeria Limited will communicate only with authorized officers of the pre-qualifying companies and NOT through individual or agents.
Please visit NipeX portal at www.nipex-ng.com
For this advert and other information.