Public and Private Development Centre (PPDC) is a citizen sector organization established in 2003. PPDC is driven by the desire to have a more transparent and accountable government as well as citizens empowered to actively participate in governance processes. Our programs and activities are formulated in a manner intended to drive institutional and behavioral change
PPDC pioneered procurement and contract monitoring activities in Nigeria using the FOl Act as a tool to source relevant procurement data from public institutions and continues to do so. To minimize the challenges of citizen’s access to procurement data, Budeshi platform was created. It serves as a hub for citizens to access procurement data in digital and easy-to-use formats. It has grown to consist of over 10,000 datasets.
We successfully advocated for the adoption of the Open Contracting Data Standards (OCDS) and currently lead the charge in demanding its full implementation in states. Through our consistent targeted approach, over 10 states have signed up to the partnership.
We collaborate with local partners to provide pathways for citizens to participate in Governance at all levels using tech tools. We carry out cutting edge research, data mining, analysis, and visualizations coupled with extensive communications experience.
PPDC is desirous of engaging a consulting firm to undertake procurement management training for her employees.
2.0 KEY DELIVERABLES AND OBJECTIVES OF THE ASSIGNMENT
The engaged consulting firm will be responsible for the conduct of training of identified participants on the following topics:
- Overview of Public Procurement Reform in Nigeria
- Procurement Objectives and Procedures
- Understanding the PPA 2007 and Finance Act 2020 applied to Procurement
- Procurement Planning and Strategy
- Procurement Methods (Goods, Works, and Non-Consulting Services)
- Selection Methods (Consulting Services)
- Technical Specifications and Evaluation Criteria in SBDs
- Terms of Reference and Evaluation Criteria in RFPs
- Procedures for Bid Notice, Preparation, Submission & Opening
- Procedures for Bid Examination Procedures for Bid Evaluation (Goods)
- Procedures for Bid Evaluation (Works)
- Procedures for Bid Evaluation (Works)
- Procedures for Proposal Evaluation (Services)
- Preparation of Bid Evaluation Report
- Record Keeping in Public Procurement
- Requirements of BPP Certificate of No Objection
- Complaints and Recourse Mechanism
- Access to Information
- Essentials of Procurement Audit and Investigations
3.0 PREFERRED TIME FRAME
The training is expected to take 5 days. Tentatively in the month of July 2023
4.0 SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
PPDC invites applications from consulting firms able to demonstrate the following skills, knowledge, and experience:
The firm shall have at least three (3) trainers who should possess the following qualifications and experience:
- Must be Professional Certified of Procurement Professional with at least 5 years’ proven experience in conducting training in Procurement and Logistics
- Demonstrated understanding and clear knowledge of procurement in Nigerian and donor funded projects
- Highly developed skills in procurement and Logistics
- Should have the reference (referees) for undertaking procurement management, training and procurement audit assignments showing that you have participated in Bureau for Public Procurement Certified Training or Procurement Audit
5.0 HOW TO APPLY
Submit a detailed technical proposal and financial proposal to :[email protected] by 21st July, 2023.
6.0 WHAT WE WILL PROVIDE
PPDC will be responsible for providing the training venue, tea-break and lunch break, projector and other audio-visual equipment, stationery and other toolkits as required.
7.0 PAYMENT FOR SERVICES
- PPDC will sign a service delivery contract with the trainer to ensure all terms agreed are taken care of by both parties.
- The payment will be in Nigerian Naira.
- The trainer will be paid in 2 installments, 50% following the commissioning of work and 50% after finishing the training.