Achieving Health Nigeria Initiative (AHNi) is a non-profit organization that promotes socio-economic development by supporting global health and economic initiatives in Nigeria. It was established as indigenous organizational, registered in 2009 with its headquarter in Abuja, and presence in the four geopolitical regions of Nigeria. It aims to provide technical assistance to the government and people of Nigeria in the implementation of public health and development programs.
AHNi implements projects in HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis, malaria, health systems strengthening, sexual and reproductive health/family planning and humanitarian projects for internally displaced persons (IDPs) and refugees in protection, health, and nutrition. AHNi also offers technical assistance and service delivery in integrated maternal, neonatal and child health (IMNCH), monitoring and evaluation (M&E), laboratory support, behavior change communication (BCC), policy and legislation, gender/key populations, public-private partnership (PPP), and grants management.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Consultant to Develop Draft Materials on Infection Prevention and Control in the Context of COVID and HIV
Duration: 20 Days
Project: Global Fund (C19RM)
Commencement Date: 10 July, 2023
Supervisor: Senior Technical Advisor – C19RM grant
Reporting line: The Consultant will report to the Senior Technical Advisor
- The Global Fund C19RM is designed to respond to COVID-19 in three ways: COVID-19 control and containment interventions, including personal protective equipment (“PPE”), diagnostics, treatment, communications, and other public measures.
- COVID-19-related risk mitigation measures for HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria programs including, but not limited to, support for COVID-19 interventions needed to safely implement campaigns, community and health facility-level HIV, tuberculosis, and malaria programs; and Expanded reinforcement of key aspects of health systems, such as laboratory networks, supply chains, and community-led response systems to address advocacy, services, accountability, and human-rights-based approaches.
- Hence, the consultant will support the development of draft materials/tools on Infection Prevention and Control (IPC) in the context of COVID and HIV.
The services of the Consultant working with the C19RM team will include but not limited to the following:
- Develop draft materials on Infection Prevention and Control materials in the context of COVID and HIV including IEC materials, SOPs and tools for monitoring and reporting adverse COVID-related events across supported facilities.
- Facilitate meeting with stakeholders to finalize draft tools and training modules for IPC.
- Facilitate a ToT/Masters Trainers workshop on Infection Prevention Control materials for COVID-19.
- Support facilitation of step-down trainings on IPC and COVID-19 across the 4 selected states to build capacity of healthcare providers and other stakeholders on infection prevention and control in context of COVID 19.
- Coordinate activities with other technical team members on the project.
- Support writing and editing of technical reports, documents, and other knowledge management products. S/He will also assist with publications, research data collection and processing, and presentations.
- Possession of a Post-graduate Degree (M.Sc, MPH, PhD) in Public Health, Epidemiology, Infectious Disease, Laboratory Science, Microbiology, or other health-related fields.
- 5- 10 years’ experience in IPC.
- Proven experience in research and practice issues around IPC
- Proven experience in facilitating technical trainings is required.
- Excellent ability to communicate and maintain productive relations with the team; resourcefulness, flexibility, and ability to work in a fast changing and challenging environment.
Applications Closing Date
7th July, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and Qualified candidates should send in their Curriculum Vitae to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
- Only Applications submitted electronically, with subject bearing the position of interest will be treated.
- Suitability statement and CV must be in one MS Word.