The African Development Bank is a regional multilateral development finance institution whose shareholders include the 54 regional member countries and 27 non-regional shareholders from the Americas, Asia and Europe. The Bank was established in 1964 with its headquarters in Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire. The Bank’s primary objective is to promote the economic development and social progress of its regional member countries, individually and jointly. The central goal of the Bank’s activities is promoting sustainable growth and reducing poverty in Africa. The Bank thus finances a broad range of development projects and programs. The Bank is rated triple A by the major rating agencies.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Expressions of Interest: Junior Consultant – FIFM
Location: Abidjan, Cote d’Ivoire
Consultant Type: Junior Consultant
Department Issuing the Request: Financial Management Department
Tentative Date of Commencement: 17th July 2023
Report to: The direct supervisors on the various assigned deliverables in the Asset and Liability Management Division (FIFM1)
Duration: Six (6) months
Job Family: Finance
Brief Description of the Assignment
- Provide analytical and financial modelling support to the Asset and Liability Management Division.
- The Asset and Liability Management Division (FIFM1) is responsible for the formulation and promulgation of asset and liability management policies and guidelines for the Bank Group, ensuring internal consistency of all financial policies and guidelines including those initiated and developed by the other departments in the Finance Complex, and monitoring and reporting on compliance thereof.
- The division’s primary focus is the management of financial risks associated with the Bank Group’s capital mobilization, borrowing, lending, and investment activities.
- The division takes the lead in developing and implementing models for producing financial projections and for proposing measures to ensure satisfactory financial performance for the Bank Group.
Duties and Scope of Work
- The Financial Management Department is looking for a Junior Consultant who will be responsible for assisting in a series of key assignments.
- The consultant will work under the guidance of the Manager of the Asset and Liability Management Division and assigned supervisors.
- The consultant will need to understand the AfDB Group, its strategy, achievements and how the Financial Management department facilitates the Bank Group’s mission.
- He/she should have knowledge of the Risk management tools employed by the Bank Group and other peer institutions.
- The incumbent will assist and contribute to financial modelling and asset and liability management analysis.
This role will involve:
- Review and back testing of existing financial models.
- Propose enhancements, optimization and upgrades, where appropriate.
- Evaluate the impact of various proposals on the financial position of the entities that compose the Bank Group, doing so by conducting financial analysis, developing financial models, performing scenario analysis and assessing/presenting various outputs/options for discussion with Management.
- Play an integral role in helping the division produce and deliver key ALM reports (interest rate risk, currency risk, debt allocation, liquidity risk and financial projections) and ensuring that the computations required are performed in alignment with existing guidelines and policies.
- Contribute to the elaboration of the key documents from the division.
- Any other task agreed with the Manager on an ad-hoc basis.
The Junior Consultant should possess strong quantitative and analytical skills, be well versed in risk management and Asset and Liability Management techniques.
Eligibility criteria for the recruitment are:
- Minimum of a Master’s Degree or its equivalent in Business Administration, Finance, Banking, Accounting, and Economics.
- 2 – 4 years work experience.
- Professional qualification in risk management will be a plus.
- Be a national of one of the member countries of the Bank.
- Be under 32 years of age.
- Good knowledge of Asset Liability Management, Interest Rate, Foreign Exchange and Liquidity risk and other key risk management concepts.
- Experience of forecasting Profit & Loss statements and Balance Sheet of a financial services / banking entity.
- Competence in the use of Bank standard software, Ms Office (Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint), data modelling and quantitative methods.
- Ability to communicate and write effectively in French and/or English, with a working knowledge of the other language.
- Good team worker with excellent analytical, problem solving, time management and communication skills both written and verbal.
Application Closing Date
15th June, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications / Curriculum Vitae (CV) to:Ms. Teresa Sarr-Kone via: [email protected] Copy: [email protected] and [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
- Please submit your proposal including Curriculum Vitae (CV) on the basis of the template attachedHere
- Principal location of the Consultancy: The work will be carried out mostly onsite and the consultant is expected to be based in Abidjan, Cote d’Ivoire. However, based on the global impact of COVID-19 on work environments, working remotely can be considered and will be discussed in the later stages of the hiring process.
- Any questions and requests for clarifications may be sent to: [email protected] with a copy to: [email protected] and [email protected].