Achieving Health Nigeria Initiative (AHNi) is a non-profit organization that promotes socio-economic development by supporting global health and economic initiatives in Nigeria. AHNi currently has its headquarters in Abuja, Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Consultant (Senior Technical Advisor – Prevention, Care and Treatment)
Location: Abuja (with travels)
Duration: 80 Days with Possibility of extension
No of Consultants: 3
Commencement Date: 12th June, 2023
Supervisor: Senior Technical Advisor – Prevention, Care and Treatment
Required services: Consultancy services to support the ongoing COVID-19 Response Mechanism (C19RM) Implementation (Prevention, Care and Treatment).
- Achieving Health Nigeria Initiative (AHNi) is a non-profit organization that promotes socio-economic development by supporting global health and economic initiatives in Nigeria. It was established as indigenous organizational, registered in 2009 with its headquarter in Abuja, and presence in the four geopolitical regions of Nigeria. It aims to provide technical assistance to the government and people of Nigeria in the implementation of public health and development programs.
- AHNi implements projects in HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis, malaria, health systems strengthening, sexual and reproductive health/family planning and humanitarian projects for internally displaced persons (IDPs) and refugees in protection, health, and nutrition.
- AHNi also offers technical assistance and service delivery in integrated maternal, neonatal and child health (IMNCH), monitoring and evaluation (M&E), laboratory support, behavior change communication (BCC), policy and legislation, gender/key populations, public-private partnership (PPP), and grants management.
- The Global Fund C19RM is designed to respond to COVID-19 in three ways: COVID-19 control and containment interventions, including personal protective equipment (“PPE”), diagnostics, treatment, communications, and other public measures. COVID-19-related risk mitigation measures for HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria programs including, but not limited to, support for COVID-19 interventions needed to safely implement campaigns, community and health facility-level HIV, tuberculosis, and malaria programs; and Expanded reinforcement of key aspects of health systems, such as laboratory networks, supply chains, and community-led response systems to address advocacy, services, accountability, and human-rights-based approaches.
- Hence, the consultants will support the implementation of C19RM implementation in Abuja with visits to supported states
The services of the Consultant working with the C19RM team will include but not limited to the following:
- Provide day-to-day technical and programmatic support to the C19RM second-tier grantees, related to the UNAIDS 95-95-95 goals, Clinical Management of HIV/ AIDS, COVID-19 risk screening/messaging.
- With the Project Coordinator and Senior Technical Advisor in the prevention, care, and treatment department, coordinate the implementation of components related to clinical management of HIV/AIDS, Infection, Prevention and Control (IPC), WASH at supported health facilities.
- Provide technical support in monitoring of adverse events related to COVID-19
- Work with the Project Coordinator, and technical team to develop and implement work plans and budgets that integrate COVID-19 response objectives with broader activities.
- Coordinate activities with other technical team members on the project.
- Support writing and editing of technical reports, documents, and other knowledge management products. S/He will also assist with publications, research data collection and processing, and presentations.
- Support the development of program-related research including the preparation of papers, on related subjects and making recommendations to the PR and SR team.
- MD, MBBS, related Public health degree with 2 to 3 years post NYSC experience in HIV programs.
- Possession of a post graduate degree in a related field is an added advantage.
- Proven experience in facilitating technical trainings is required.
- Excellent ability to communicate and maintain productive relations with the team; resourcefulness, flexibility, and ability to work in a fast changing and challenging environment.
- The Consult will report to the Senior Technical Advisor – Prevention, Care and Treatment.
Application Closing Date
6th June, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their Curriculum Vitae to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
- Only Applications submitted electronically, with subject bearing the position of interest will be treated.
- Suitability statement and CV must be in one MS Word.