African Development Bank Group (AfDB) – Established in 1964, the African Development Bank is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. There are 80 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries). The Bank’s development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: EOI – Monitoring and Evaluation Consultant to Support the GETF – AHGC
Location: Abidjan, Cote d’Ivoire
Consultant type: Individual Consultant
Duration of the Assignment: One Year (renewable subject to performance and availability of budget)
Anticipated Commencement Date: July 1st, 2023
Job family: Gender
Brief Description of the Assignment
- The African Development Bank hereby invites individual consultants to express their interest in the following assignment: Monitoring and Evaluation services to support the operationalization of the Multi Donor Gender Equity Trust Fund (GETF) 2.
- Under the supervision of the Director, Gender, Women and Civil Society Department of the Bank, the main objective of the proposed assignment is to support the operationalization of the Multi Donor Gender Equity Trust Fund (GETF) funded under the Affirmative Finance Action for Women in Africa (AFAWA) Initiative.
- The consultant will serve for the GETF activities working closely with the grant recipients such as financial intermediaries, business incubators/accelerators, research institutions and governments.
- He/she will develop a systematic monitoring and results measurement framework to improve the qualitative and quantitative evidence gathered by the GETF.
- He/she will also provide technical assistance to the implementing agencies, particularly in relation to monitoring, reporting and governance issues.
Application Closing Date
9th June, 2023 (Abidjan time).
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Expressions of Interest (in English or in French) to: APOLO KYEYUNE [email protected] and copy: [email protected] mentioning “Monitoring And Evaluation consultant to support The GETF” as the subject of the mail.
- Interested candidates must provide information indicating that they are qualified to perform the services (qualification documents, CV with detailed description of similar assignments, experience in similar conditions, availability of appropriate skills among staff relevant to the assignment, etc.).
- The eligibility criteria, the establishment of a short list and the selection procedure shall be in conformity with the Rules and Procedures for the Use of Consultants described in Presidential Directive No. 02/2012 on Procedures for the Procurement of Consultant Services Financed from the Administrative or Capital Budget of the Bank Group
- Interest expressed by a consultant does not imply any obligation on the part of the Bank to be included on the shortlist.
- The duration of the assignment shall be one year renewable subject to performance and availability of budget. Commencement date is anticipated as July 1st, 2023.
- Interested applicants may obtain further information at the addresses above during the Bank’s working hours: 09:00 to 17:00 hours.