African Human Development Centre (AHDC) is a non-governmental, research and development organization dedicated to the development of African human resources. It was founded in 2004 as Global Wealth. The name Global Wealth had to give way to the new name African Human Development Centre (AHDC) in the course of registration with the Corporate Affairs Commission. The organization was registered with the Corporate Affairs Commission in 2007 (CAC/IT/No.23790) under the Land Perpetual Act of 1990. It is also registered with Akwa Ibom State Government through the Ministry of Women Affairs & Social Development.
The visionof AHDC is to see a society free of poverty, marginalization and exclusion. Our mission is to promote political and socio-economic development of women, children and people with disabilities through advocacy, capacity building and model service delivery. The core values of AHDC are transparency, integrity, equity and hard work.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Short-term Consultant
Location: Uyo Akwa, Ibom
Employment Type: Part-time
- AHDC,in collaboration with other 5 civil society organizations Akwamfon Sustainable Community Association (ASCA), Better Future Initiative (BFI), Community Partners for Development (CPD), Society for Water and Sanitation in Nigeria(NEWSAN, Akwa Ibom Chapter) and Gender Advocacy and Rural Development in Nigeria (GARDEN) currently implements a project – Akwa Ibom WASH Policy Cluster, with funding support from USAID under Palladium LLC Strengthening Civic Advocacy and Local Engagement (SCALE) Project. The specific objectives of the Akwa Ibom WASH Policy Cluster Project are to:
- advocate for the development and approval of gender-sensitive and inclusive WASH Policy for Akwa Ibom;.
- raise awareness and action among decision-makers on WASH policy reform in Akwa Ibom State;
- advocate for the development of the State Open Defecation Free (ODF) Road Map and WASH M&E Framework;
- engage in budget influencing for improved WASH by pushing for 5% increase in budgetary allocation, each year for 2022 and 2023;
WASH Policy Campaign Jingles Production
- In an effort to raise awareness and push its campaign and advocacy towards achieving the project goal and objectives, the Akwa Ibom WASH Policy Cluster Project requires the services of a consultant expert to produce WASH campaign Jingles for airing in both the television and radio. The Jingle Message is expected to appeal to Akwa Ibom audience and listeners from all segments and strata of the population including the youths, the aged, women, persons living with disabilities, the elites/ city dwellers and rural dwellers who will see the messages as addressing their issues and for the good and well-being of the entire population and to win the support of the populace to push for reforms in the WASH sectors of the State.
- The WASH Campaign Jingles, when produced and aired on Radio and TV Stations, will serve as a campaign instrument to sensitize the public on the current water, sanitation and hygiene situation in the State. This will in turn increase public and stakeholders’ awareness on the State’s WASH situation and their buy-ins to advocate for the approval of the WASH Policy, WASH M&E Framework and Open Defecation Free Roadmap for Akwa Ibom State.
Objectives of the WASH Policy Campaign Jingles
The objectives of the WASH Policy Campaign Jingles under this Terms of Reference are to:
- drive WASH reforms message home to a larger number of audience(listeners) on radio and television;
- create and share messages that will make listeners relate with WASH issues and support Akwa IbomWASH Policy Cluster reforms agenda;
- influence public opinion in favour of Akwa Ibom Policy Cluster “Advocacy Asks”;
- use the print and electronic media outlets to inform and influence decision makers and influencers to approve WASH Policy, WASH Monitoring & Evaluation Framework, Open Defecation-Free Roadmap and increase Akwa Ibom State WASH Budget by at least 5%.
Scope of work
Under the guidance of AHDC/IbomWASH+ Cluster and following the guidelines/Operational Directives (ODs)/Operational Policies (OPs) of the Palladium/USAID, the Consultant will carry out his/her tasks in accordance with accepted professional standards. The Consultant will deliver timely, sound and diligent services. The Consultant will, in consultation with AHDC, be responsible for following general activities:
- Developing the contents for the Jingles;
- Carrying out Scripting of the recorded;
- Recording of Jingles;
- Voicing Over;
- Carrying out other activities that will help in the achievement of this assignment
|S/N||Task||Description of Task|
|1||Initial Briefing and Consultant Onboarding||Briefing Meeting with AHDC & Cluster Members: Upon signing of the contract, the Consultant will have briefing meeting with AHDC.This meeting will be used to clarify issues pertaining to the work and to firm up expected outputs from the assignment and to provide any additional information and documents that may be required to aid the Consultant’s work.|
|2||Contents development||The Consultant will be expected to develop the contents for the Jingles that will be approved by AHDC.It is expected that high-quality content that speak to the issues of WASH and that will elicit a positive response from critical stakeholders in the WASH sector will be produced.|
|3||Production||The Consultant will produce messages with high-quality, high-resolution professional equipment as well as ensure the recording meet the highest cinematic standards of quality to engage and inspire empathy from listeners.The quality must be high standard acceptable to the Contractor (AHDC).The Jingles will be in electronic form and content in medium to be agreed with AHDC.The number of the Jingles to be produced will be agreed with the AHDC/Contractor.|
|4||Debriefing||This will be the end of work debriefing to AHDC and Cluster members on the entire process and lessons learnt.|
- Inception Report which shall include the work plan and strategies, draft tools to be deployed, contents and reporting format, planned questions/storylines
- Contents of each Jingles will be reviewed, validated and approved by the IbomWASH Cluster team.
- The consultant will provide all necessary filming, production, and post-production equipment needed to accomplish this assignment. No equipment or software (i.e. cameras, computers, movie editing software, etc.) will be purchased under this activity.
- The consultant is solely responsible for engaging all personnel to facilitate all aspects of this contract as necessary. All costs associated with the film or documentary production and photography will be the sole responsibility of the contractor and should be incorporated in the contract cost proposal.
- Jingles should take 1 Minute Long for each with short versions that can be posted on social media platforms
- The film in all its versions will bear USAID, Palladium and African Human Development Centre logos in accordance to the project visibility guidelines
- CDs and hard drive copies containing the final versions of the documentaries.
- All materials, tools and forms arising from the Jingle Production shall remain the sole property of the African Human Development Centre.
- 30 days.
Profile of the Consultant
The candidate for this assignment / consultancy should have the under-listed qualifications:
- More than 7 years of experience in producing top-notch quality Jingles for development organizations (samples of previous work will be required)
- Experience in productions related to Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH)
- Have extensive experience in producing news, documentary films, TV programs and short format films (proof of experience is a MUST);
- Ability to execute this task within the stipulated time without compromising quality
Application Closing Date
31st May, 2023.
Method of Application:
Interested and qualified applicants should send Comprehensive Curriculum Vitae and cover letter and Financial proposal to: [email protected] using the job title as the subject of the mail.
- Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
- Only shortlisted applicants shall be contacted.