THE SHELL PETROLEUM DEVELOPMENT COMPANY OF NIGERIA LIMITED
OPERATOR OF THE NNPC/SHELL/TEPN/AGIP JOINT VENTURE
TENDER OPPORTUNITY: CORPORATE CALL-OFF CONTRACT FOR LOCAL POLYETHENE (PE) AND CONCRETE WEIGHT (CW) COATING OF LINE PIPES AND FITTINGS
TENDER REF: CW389699 (NIPEX TENDER NO: SPDC 00000365)
The Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Limited (SPDC) (operator of the SPDC Joint Venture) hereby invites reputable and competent registered Nigerian companies and alliances with the requisite expertise, experience, skilled manpower, and technology to apply to be considered for inclusion in the bidder’s list for subject tender. The contract that will result from this tender will be the CORPORATE CALL-OFF CONTRACT FOR LOCAL POLYETHYLENE (PE) AND CONCRETE WEIGHT (CW) COATING OF LINE PIPES & FITTINGS.
Bidders will be expected to demonstrate their capability and capacity to accept and deal with the finanacial and technical complexities associated with a contract of this magnitude and this evidence will be required in the next stage of this Tender.
SPDC hereby invites submissions from reputable and competent Nigerian registered companies having requisite proven experience in COATING OF LINE PIPES AND BENDS
Please visit the Nigerian Petroleum Exchange Portal www.nipex.com.ng for further details.
2. SCOPE OF WORK/SERVICE REQUIREMENTS
The WORK to be covered under this CONTRACT generally consists of all works incidental and necessary to the successful completion of LOCAL POLYETHYLENE (PE) AND CONCRETE WEIGHT (CW) COATING OF LINE PIPES & FITTINGS involving:
• The scope of works to be undertaken is the external coating of line pipes & bends with polyethylene (PE) or polypropylene (PP) and concrete coating of fittings, which includes’
• Transportation /Receipt of various sizes of bare pipes and fittings of NPA ports in Warri and Port Harcourt (including Onne Oil and Gas free zone) and SPDC warehouses as required.
• Transportation of coated pipes and fittings to the contractor’s yard/Site as required
• Cutting, beveling or repair line pipes of various as for minor damages during handling as applicable.
• Application of PE or PP coating to pipes and fittings for anti-corruption purposes as per SPDC specifications.
• Application of concrete weight coating of various thickness and densitities on to corrosion coating as required for protection/buoyancy as required
• Temporary storage of coated pipes and fittings at the contractor’s yard.
• Handling/Load-out of various size pipes and fittings to SPDC/Third party trucks.
• Provision and supply of various sizes of shrink sleeves as per SPDC’s specifications/manufacturers
3. MANDATORY REQUIREMENTS
1. To be eligible for this tender exercise, interested contractors are required to be pre-qualified in the Product Group 2.07.01 – Primers, Coatings and Paints. To determine if you are prequalified in the product Group open www.nipex-ng.com and access NJQS with your login details, click on “Continue Joint Qualification Scheme Tool” button, click “Check my supplier product Group:
2. To qualify you must have valid category A NIGERIAN CONTENT EQUIPMENT CERTIFICATE (NCEC) or its equivalent category 1,2 & 3 (i.e under the latest guidelines to come into force, with first considerations given in order of priority) issued by Nigerian content development and Monitoring Board for line pipe coating, as well as demonstrate capacity through ownership of equipment and personnel of a pipe coating yard.
3. If you are not listed in a product/service category you are registered with DPR to do business, contact NipeX office at 8, Bayo Kuku Road, Ikoyi, Lagos with your DPR certificate as evidence for necessary update.
4. To initiate the NJQS prequalification process, access www.nipex-ng.com to download the application form, make necessary payments and contact NipeX office for further action.
5. Only Tenderers with the Category A NIGERIAN CONTENT EQUIPMENT CERTIFICATE (NCEC) will be invited for the tender.
6. Evidence of Legal proceedings against the JV, at financial encumbrances or existing sanctions by regulatory bodies within or outside Nigeria may be inimical to the bid.
4. MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
1. Demonstrate that entity is a Nigerian registered company. Submit certified true copies of CAC forms 10, 02 & 07 or its equivalent, including company memorandum & articles of association and/or evidence of entity’s incorporation, shareholding & ownership structure in Nigeria.
2. Tenderers shall provide evidence of Category 1,2,3,4 or 5 manufacturing and related services NCEC demonstrating ownership of in-country line coating facility.
3. Provide evidence of what percentage of your key management positions is held by Nigerians and what percentage of the total work force are Nigerians. Also, show overall percentage of work to be performed in Nigeria and those by Nigerian resources relative to total work volume.
4. Tenderer shall comply with the latest approved version of NCDMB HCD guideline by committing (via a letter of undertaking) to providing Project-Specific training, man-hour, budget, skill development and understudy plan for Nigerian personnel utilizing OGTAN registered trainer(s) or other approved NCDMB training institution(s).
5. Tenderer shall provide location of in-country facilities (not limited to administrative office, coating facility) to execute the work scope
5. CLOSING DATE
Only Tenderers with the Category A NIGERIAN CONTENT EQUIPMENT CERTIFICATE (NCEC) issued by Nigerian Content Development and Monitoring Board for this service and are registered with NJQS product group 2.07.01 – Primers, Coatings and Paints as at 06/06/2023 being the advert close date shall be invited to submit technical and commercial bids.
6. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
• Suppliers eligible for this tender opportunity are expected to be prequalified in NJQS under the relevant product/service categories.
• All cost incurred in preparing and processing NJQS prequalification shall be to the contractor’s accounts.
• This advertisement shall neither be construed as any form of commitment on the part of SPDC to award any contract to any company and or associated companies, sub-contractors or agents, nor shall it entitle prequalified companies to make any claims whatsoever, and/or seek any indemnity from SPDC and or any of its partners by virtue of such companies having been prequalified in NJQS.
• The tendering process shall be the NNPC contracting process requiring pre-qualifed companies to submit technical tenders first. Following a technical review, only technically and financially qualified contractors will be requested to submit commercial tenders.
• NNPCS/SHELL PETROLUEM DEVELOPMENT COMPANY LIMITED reserves the right to reject any and or all pre-qualified suppliers at its sole discretion and at no cost whatsoever.
• SPDC will communicate only with authorized officers of the pre-qualifying companies and NOT through individuals or Agents.
• Please visit the NipeX portal at www.nipex-ng.com for this advert and other information. Also note that this contract will be progressed through NipeX system.
NCDMB CERTIFICATION OF AUTHORIZATION NUMBER: ES/NCDMB/SPDC/ADV/UPD/040423/CORPORATE CALL-OFF CONTRACT FOR LOCAL POLYETHYLENE (PE) AND CONCRETE WEIGHT (CW) COATING OF LINES PIPES & FITTINGS CW389699