JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc. (JSI) is a public health management consulting and research organization dedicated to improving the health of individuals and communities throughout the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Legal Consultant for the HPV Vaccine Acceleration Program Partners Initiative (HAPPI) – Phase I
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Position type: Part Time consultant
Position category: Local hire, paid in country
Company/Division: JSI – Local Hire
Period of Performance: 8 days
Salary: Daily rate
Hiring Manager: JSI Integrated Projects, Nigeria
- JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc. (JSI) is a public health management consulting and research organization dedicated to improving the health of individuals and communities throughout the world. The HPV Vaccine Acceleration Program Partners Initiative (HAPPI) Consortium was awarded to JSI by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation in October 2022 as Phase I of an anticipated two-phase project period.
- HAPPI project is managed by JSI in collaboration with Clinton Health Access Initiative (CHAI), the International Vaccine Access Center (IVAC), Jhpiego, and PATH. Together, partners will enable global coordination efforts around HPV vaccine, in addition to supporting HPV vaccine introduction in Nigeria.
- In Nigeria, cervical cancer is a significant contributor to the morbidity and mortality of women. It is the second most common cause of cancer related deaths among women in Nigeria. Nigeria contributes a large proportion of the West Africa regional cervical cancer burden. HAPPI project will be supporting Nigeria for the HPV introduction planning and rollout. Introduction is anticipated to start in November 2023 in 16 selected states, followed by national introduction in 2024.
- The HAPPI Project is currently recruiting for a consultant Finance and Admin Associate to support HPV vaccine introduction in Nigeria. The person in this position will provide finance and administration support in the Phase 1 HPV introduction at the National level and also support the subnational team any finance and administration related tasks efficientlybased in the following HAPPI focus states of Abia, Adamawa, Akwa Ibom, Benue, Enugu and Taraba.We seek candidates who have at least 2 years’ experience working in a similar role.
- What does the Labor law say regarding the maximum length of consultancies? Under what circumstances, if any, are consultancies renewal beyond this maximum length period?
- What are the likely penalties if any when such is violated?
- What is the way forward (not sure what this is asking, do we want to make this question more specific?)
- Review of JSI’s consultant agreement template and suggestions for revisions to language to ensure compliance with local labor law.
- How many days’ notice is required before any of the parties terminate.
- Submit detailed report with recommendations indicating relevant sections of the Nigeria Labor law to be approved by the activity manager.
- Submit reviewed JSI’s consultant agreement with suggestions for revisions to ensure compliance with Nigeria labor law
- Submit Invoice stating agreed amount, signed.
- Submit signed time sheet for the period of assignment to be approved by activity Manager Proper.
- A legal firm, with experience in managing and handling International Development business. (Knowledge of International funders-added advantage.).
- Minimum years in practice required 5 years an above.
- Evidence of registration of law firm with relevant agencies .
- Past performance contracts etc.
Application Closing Date
20th May, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Expression of Interest to: [email protected] using “Expression of Interest” as the subject of the mail.
Note: Only shortlisted Firm will be contacted.