USAID INTEGRATED HEALTH PROGRAM (IHP)
CONSULTANCY SERVICES FOR TECHNICAL SUPPORT TO REVIEW THE EXISTING EMERGENCY TRANSPORT SYSTEM AND EXPLORE OPTIONS TO ESTABLISH A SUSTAINABLE EMERGENCY TRANSPORT SYSTEM AND RECOMMENDATIONS FOR FCT (FEDERAL CAPITAL TERRITORY)
Program Activity: Consultancy Service for technical support to review the existing emergency transport system and explore options to establish a sustainable emergency transport system and recommendations for FCT.
The Integrated Health Program (IHP) is a USAID funded five year project with a mandate to improve health systems, improve access to and increase quality of primary health care in designated states (Sokoto, Bauchi, Kebbi, Ebonyi and the FCT). IHP aims to improve the enabling environment for equitable and sustainable health services, supplies and delivery systems through policy development and implementation, with an emphasis on voluntary, rights-based health programs. IHP will help public health and policy leaders attach higher priority to their national and sub-national health needs, secure sustainable financing advance health equity and monitor policy implementation to ensure gains stay on track.
IHP aims to secure long-term enduring change by working with coalitions both inside and outside of health and showing common cause with neglected populations and other development actors. Central elements of IHP revolve around building in country capacity, institutionalizing achievements of past investments and promoting country ownership of programs and initiatives.
This activity seeks to support the FCT to build on the adopted FCT ETS (Emergency Transport System) model from FY22, to roll out the model to provide gender-sensitive referrals, and ensure the implementation of the ETS in selected ACs (Area Councils) (Abaji, Gwagwalada, Kwali & Kuje) within an integrated community framework.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The specific responsibilities of the consultant include:
• The consultant will work with relevant stakeholders to conduct advocacy visits and community sensitization in the selected communities.
• The consultant will work with NURTW (National Union of Road Transport Workers) to select NURTW registered community volunteer drivers from selected communities. This would include volunteer Motorcycle riders and Volunteer Canoe Riders.
• The consultant will work with IHP GESI (Gender Equity & Social Inclusion) advisor to update the training curriculums to include Gender Based Violence
• The Consultant will in collaboration with IHP conduct trainings (Training of trainers and key stakeholders and step down training of NURYW volunteer drivers;
• In collaboration with BA-N (Breakthrough ACTION Nigeria) the consultant will support referral coordination including Emergency Transport Scheme.
• Presentation of ETS Drivers to key stakeholders in AC’s PHCB primary health care board, HHSS, Health, and Human Services Secretariat.
• Development of a roll out plan in selected communities (action plan)
• Formation of ETS Technical Steering Group (TSG)
• Writes and submit the technical report of all processes to IHP
• Minimum of 5years experience in development and or review of health care services providers programs, policies and guidelines.
• Must have sound knowledge and experience in Emergency Transport Service
• A good understanding of the Nigerian Primary Health Care System
• Demonstrate experience in facilitating community participatory development processes.
• Experience in working with low literacy communities especially in low resource settings
• Experience carrying out similar assignments in Nigeria particularly at the sub-nationals levels.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Packages.
Please note: payments are made based on delivery of approved deliverables. All deliverables must be of high quality and submitted in Microsoft word and in a PDF format. The deliverable will not be considered final until approved by the Chief of Party (CoP).
Period of performance of the consultancy: June 1 – August 31, 2023
For more details concerning this consultancy and other associated application tools, please visit the link below: https://bit.ly/to7consets
Please follow the instructions as contained in the Request for Applications (RFA) and submit to: [email protected]
This consultancy application closes on May 19, 2023; 5:00pm (WAT), no late application will be received after the deadline.Save this Tender