John Snow, Incorporated (JSI) – We are public health care and health systems consultants and researchers driven by a passion to improve health services and health outcomes for all.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Request for Quotations for Media Buying Services for USAID / M-RITE in Bayelsa, Edo and Lagos
Locations: Bayelsa, Edo & Lagos
Period of Performance: April – June 2023.
Background to the Project
- The USAID-funded project, MOMENTUM Routine Immunization Transformation and Equity (M-RITE), works in partnership with the Nigerian government to increase the capabilities of the health system, at national and subnational levels of the Health System of Ministry of health Nigeria Expanded Program on Immunization (EPI).
- The project seeks to address the barriers to reaching zero-dose and under-immunized children with life-saving vaccines and other health services.
- M-RITE is working closely with the Nigeria National Expanded Program on Immunization (EPI) and COVID Vaccination ramp up in the five focal States of Bayelsa, Edo, Imo, Jigawa, and Lagos, the Government of Nigeria and other routine immunization implementing partners.
Current Status of the Activity:
- The NPHCDA, with support from partners is currently conducting the COVID-19 vaccination across the country through SCALES 3.0. M-RITE has developed a communications strategy that includes Mass Media approaches for reaching key audiences in the three (3) states of Bayelsa, Edo and Lagos states with COVID-19 radio and TV messages.M-RITE is looking to hire the services of a Media Buying agency to support the implementation of the media component of campaign in thesethree(3) states.
General objective of the assignment
- The overall objective of this assignment is to reduce low risk perception of audiences about COVID-19 and to promote safety and accessibility of the vaccine through broadcast of audio-visual messages in the states of Bayelsa, Edo and Lagos states.
- To broadcast COVID-19 spots on top rankingRadio and Televisionstations with the widest audience reach in each identifiedstate.
- To reduce the Low risk perception of audiences about COVID-19.
- To promote accessibility and safety of COVID-19.
- Buy airtime on two (2) popular radio and two (2) popular TV stations in Bayelsa, Edo and Lagos states respectively putting into consideration news adjacency and peak listenership periods.
- Broadcast three (3) Radio spots on selected stations
- Broadcast three (3)TV spots on selected stations
- Provide evidence/ certificate of broadcast confirming to M-RITE that adverts were aired as agreed.
Expected outputs / deliverables
- An inception report to demonstrate understanding of the assignment providing a detailed buying and airing plan.
- A monitoring report after each month giving details of lessons learned and necessary airing adjustments if needed.
- The selected agency will be supervised by the M-RITE Snr SBCC Advisor.
Schedule of deliverables
|1||Inception report inclusive of a Media buying and overall Media plan||Threedays after signingcontract|
|2||Broadcast/ airing schedule||Three days aftersigning the contract|
|4||Final report||One week after completion of assignment|
Terms of payment
The vendor will be paid as follows;
- Upon signing the contract and submission of inception report.50%
- Upon completion of assignment and the same approved by M-RITE.50%.
Submissions will be evaluated in consideration of the Evaluation Criteria as stated below:
- The offer will be evaluated by using the best value for money approach (combined scoring method).
- Technical proposal will be evaluated on 70%.
- Financial component will be evaluated on 30%.
Below is the breakdown of technical proposal on 100%, which will be adjusted to 70%:
|Summary of Technical Proposal Evaluation Forms||Score weight|
|Expertise of Firm / Organization||10%|
|Proposed Methodology, Approach and Implementation Plan||50%|
|Management Structure and Key Personnel||10%|
Financial Proposal (30%):
- To be computed as a ratio of the Proposal’s offer to the lowest best price among the proposals received by M-RITE, Legal registration, Tax status etc.
Qualification of the Agency
- Experience interfacing with Media stations on behalf of development and donor agencies
- Experience working with health oriented/ focused development partners and agencies.
Application Closing Date
7th April, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified agencies / firms should send their Technical proposal and financial quotes in English with a list of at least three (3) Referees with contact details to: [email protected] using “Media Buying Services for USAID / M-RITE” as the subject of the mail.
- The proposal should demonstrate why they think they are the most suitable for this assignment giving an action plan on how they intend to execute this assignment.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- JSI is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer committed to workplace diversity. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, gender, disability, marital status, gender identity, sexual orientation, sexual preference, genetic information, political affiliation, or protected veteran status in any employment decisions.
- Women are encouraged to apply.