WORLD FOOD PROGRAMME
EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
PROVISION OF LOGISTICS SERVICES
REF. NO WFP-SC-ABJ-EOI-2023-001
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. Each year, on average, WFP provides assistance to more than 90 million people and it is present in 81 countries and in Nigeria alones, currently WFP is scaling up its operations to reach 1.7 million people every month.
As part of its humanitarian assistance activities in Nigeria and the region, the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) hereby seeks all reputable and licensed service providers working in ICIDS – inland container depots in Kano/Kano Dry ports to provide WFP with logistics services.
SCOPE OF WORK
1. Customs clearance formalities and dry port operations services.
2. Container storage (bonded warehouse inside the dry port)
3. Handling services (loading/offloading) with manual & forklifts and auxiliary services (constitution/rebagging) as necessary.
4. Container shutting from ICD to WFP warehouse and return of containers.
Interested companies should request for questionnaire by writing to indicate interest to the email- [email protected] with the mail subject “Request for Questionnaire – Kano Dry Ports” not later than 5:00pm on March 29, 2023.
Please note that this announcement applies to All Service providers including those service providers that are currently working for WFP as a means of updating their profile.
• Please note that this is not a contract nor an invitation to tender,
• Rates/prices are not required at this stage, and this invitation does not bind the World Food Programme to issue any tender or contracts to the companies expressing their interest.
• Shortlisting of companies does not bind WFP to offer a service award at any time.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS FOR REGISTRATION
• Legal business registration with relevant authorities (Corporate Affairs Commission)
• Audited Financial Statement for the last three (3) years
• Valid tax clearance Certificate (TCC)
• Three (3) references letters from organizations/entities with whom you have had contracts before.
SUBMISSION OF EOI
Submission must specify the area(s) of interest, and must be accompanied by the following documents:
• Cover letter/Company profile including contact details and a brief overview of the area(s) of interest.
• Prof of registration of the company – valid business license, TAX registration (if applicable) issued by relevant government authority.
The completed questionnaire should be signed, stamped, and returned by e-mail to [email protected] not later than 5:00pm on April 3, 2023, with the subject “WFP-SC-ABJ-EOI-2023-001” Kano Dry Ports”.
Submissions will be reviewed by WFP and only selected applicants will be contacted for further processing.
Women Business Owners are encouraged to participate.