BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT SUPPORT TO RICE MILLS
GESELLSCHAFT FUR INTERNATIONALE ZUSAMMENARBEIT (GIZ)
MARKET-ORIENTED VALUE CHAINS FOR JOBS AND GROWTH IN THE ECOWAS REGION (MOVE) PROJECT
CALL FOR APPLICATIONS
FOR BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT SUPPORT TO RICE MILLS IN NIGERIA
This Business Development Support to Rice Mills runs until the end of 2023, where experts in business development and rice milling will provide coaching and guidance to rice mills to support their growth, tackle key challenges of their business and ultimately increase the volume of rice processed.
There are 3 main activities this support includes:
1. Mill assessment and creation of a 5-year development plan
2. Regular one-one-one coaching (in-person and online) until the end of 2023.
3. Round table discussions on three key challenges faced by rice mills, namely
• Problem solving around mills access to finance
• Improving milling operations
• Implementing proven marketing/HR strategies
Who can apply:
We especially encourage women-owned or managed enterprise to apply.
Rice mills that:
1. Privately owned and registered rice mills
2. Have been in operation for at least 3 years
3. Process at least 2 tons of paddy/hour
4. Have at least 3 management staff
5. Source paddy directly from farmers
6. Located in the following states: Kano, Kebbi, Sokoto, Benue, Nasarawa, Anmabra, Enugu and ICT
All coaching and business advisory cost are covered by GIZ/MOVE, travel to and from the round tables will need to be covered by the participating mills.
For further information on the application procedure and necessary documents. Please visit homepage: About us (cari-project.org )
Application deadline: 31st March 2023