Home to more than 160 million people, Nigeria has the largest population and the second largest economy in Africa, and has a major influence on the continent’s political agenda. However, Nigeria has a history of political instability, corruption and mismanagement of public resources, and has recently seen religious and ethnic conflict. As a result, more than half of Nigeria’s population still live in poverty. Despite four peaceful transitions of power since a return to civilian rule in 1999, Nigeria’s politics continue to be characterised by patronage, ineffective opposition, low voter turnout and voting along ethnic and religious lines.
- Job Type: Full Time
- Qualification: BA/BSc/HND
- Experience: 3 years
- Location: Abuja
- Job Field: NGO/Non-Profit
Christian Aid is an International Non-Governmental Organisation which exists to create a world where everyone can live a full life, free from poverty. We are a global movement of people, churches, and local organisations who passionately champion dignity, equality, justice, and love worldwide. We seek to eradicate extreme poverty by tackling its root causes. Together with people living in poverty, we amplify our voices to speak truth to power and create lasting change. Christian Aid has been working in Nigeria since 2003, and currently works in the areas of Democracy and Good Governance, Health, and Human Development, and Humanitarian, Sustainable Livelihoods and Resilience.
Tenders are invited for the provision of External audit services for the Country Program for the 2022/23 Financial year. Christian Aid’s financial year runs from 1st April to 31st March 2023. The contract will be for an initial three-year period and will be subject to annual appointment.
Tenders should clearly articulate their capability and experience of carrying out these services in Nigeria. Interested Audit Firms are requested to submit a Tender document of not more than 15 pages for the technical proposal and 4 pages for the financial proposal. The
proposal should contain the following information:
- Organisational Profile
- Proposed approach to audit work.
- Details of relevant experience within the International Development Sector
- Audit Improvements and value add that could be offered to Christian Aid
- Profile of senior staff such as Audit partner, Manager, and Audit Lead who would supply the services including the location of staff.
- Tax Clearance Certificate for the last 3 years
- Indicative workplan
- Details of other INGO clients as well as any references that may be used.
- Financial Proposal- Providing a full breakdown of hours per member of staff and any additional charge.
- Evidence of registration with required statutory agencies (CAC, SCUML,) etc
Method of Application
Bids should be submitted in sealed envelopes clearly marked “Tender for the Provision of External Audit Services” and should be addressed to:
The Procurement Officer
Christian Aid (UK), Nigeria Country Office
Plot 802 Ebitu Ukiwe Street, Beside Nigeria Centre for Disease Control,