- Job Type: Full Time
- Qualification: BA/BSc/HND
- Experience: 7 years
- Location: Abuja
- Job Field: Procurement / Store-keeping / Supply Chain
In a world where fundamental human rights are at risk, we need principled and ethical staff, who embody these international norms and standards, and who will defend them courageously and with full conviction.
UNFPA is seeking candidates that transform, inspire and deliver high impact and sustained results; we need staff who are transparent, exceptional in how they manage the resources entrusted to them and who commit to deliver excellence in programme results.
In direct support of UNFPA 9th Country Programme, and in the context of the UN Reform Strategy of the Nigeria UNCT and the Nigeria UNSCDF, the Procurement Associate will ensure proper and effective use of UNFPA’s and external partners’ resources in the following activities:
- Assist all Country Office units in defining and costing their procurement, supply chain and logistics needs in accordance with the approved Annual Work Plans;
- Build capacity by advising National Programme Officers and external parties on all aspects of procurement and logistics management implementation and organization;
- Represent UNFPA in OMT working groups on procurement, and on Government and NGO committees that deal with procurement using UNFPA core or co-financing funds, especially those related with RH Commodity Supplies; contributions to pooled funding in sector wide initiatives; procurement for Implementing Partners and on behalf of private sector initiatives.
Duties and Responsibilitiespr
The Procurement Associate assists all Country Office Departments in defining and costing their procurement and logistics needs in accordance with the approved Annual Work Plans and Advocacy Strategy on a yearly basis.
- Preparation and submission of procurement plan of the CO through online procurement planning tool on a timely basis in collaboration with the relevant programme staff and partners. (Procurement plans of procurement types Local, PSB, UNFPA Supplies and TPP).
- Provides advice and systems to assist team leaders and National Programme Officers in proper forecasting, procurement planning and logistics management within their sphere of work in each of UNFPA’s thematic programming areas.
- Follow-up actively and take systematic action to implement the procurement plans in collaboration with relevant programme staff.
- Liaises with National Programme Officers and Heads of Departments, in coordination as required also with relevant Government Departments and NGOs, in defining accurate specifications and agreeing procurement modalities for the most effective and efficient procurement in accordance with prevailing UNFPA Policies and Procedures.
- Facilitating and coordinating the formal and informal solicitation processes managed by the CO per the requirements of the procurement procedures.
- Managing the Contracts/ Purchase Orders and LTAs established by the CO and the POs issued on behalf of the CO efficiently per the requirements of the procurement procedures
- Monitors and evaluate effectiveness of procurement processes within the country office and its decentralised offices and ensure compliance of the office business practices with the provisions of the UNFPA Policies and Procedures, work practices, and processes and suggest changes for improvement where and when necessary.
- Ensures coordination with UNFPA Supply Chain Management Unit (SCMU) and Facilities and Administrative Services Branch (FASB), and other UN procurement bodies for timely delivery and receipt of goods and services, release, acceptance and delivery of these to the destination point in a timely manner with due attention to quality assurance.
- Provides regular updates on procurement timelines and ensure regular communication within UNFPA and externally with partners of the expected delivery dates.
- Participation and coordination of initiatives associated with strategizing the procurement function of the CO taking the inputs from the programme leads and the programme interests into consideration and prompting procurement harmonization among the UN agencies operating in the country.
- Maintaining effective and constructive communication with SCMU on continuous basis in order to take proactive actions on procurement related matters
- Maintains up-to-date and complete records, documentation and filing of all procurement processes.
Builds capacity by advising implementing partners and external parties on all aspects of procurement and logistics management implementation and organization
- Provides information, technical advice and guidance on all aspects of procurement including commodity types, procurement activities, processes and procedures in relation to UNFPA business practices, liaising and advising on best practices as necessary in-house as well as with National Medical Stores, Joint Medical Stores, clearing agents, National Drug Authority, Public Procurement and Disposal Authority and sector procurement Committees.
- Act as the capacity development focal point of the CO on procurement and supply chain Designs and develop curricula and materials for procurement and logistics trainings and conduct the latter.
- Keeps Country Office personnel abreast of latest developments in Policies and Procedures and all SCMU activity as this relates to the Country Office including regular reporting of procurement activities.
- Establishes and maintains professional contact with UNFPA Representative, Deputy Representative, team leaders, the Africa focal point in SCMU, West and Central Africa Regional Office on matters related to procurement and logistics and assist in the planning or execution of projects.
- Develop sound working relationships with suppliers and third party procurement customers. Establish and maintain working relationships with procurement/ technical colleagues in other UN agencies.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned from time to time.
Qualification and Experience
- Holder of a high school graduate certificate
- Possess University degree in Business Administration, Procurement or other related field preferred is desirable.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Possess a minimum of 7 years of related work experience preferably in an international, customer focused organization
- Knowledge of reproductive health related commodities and medical terminology an asset
- Knowledge of legal and operational aspects of contract management is useful
- Experience in international procurement and logistics management is desirable
- Have the ability to analyze and utilize complex data
- Have an excellent organizational and time management skills
- Have the ability to establish and maintain harmonious relationships with customers, suppliers and colleagues
- Have the ability to perform well under pressure and flexibility in handling unexpected work assignments as and when necessary
- Be service minded and have the ability to work in team
- Fluency (written and verbal communication skills) in English is required.
- Working knowledge of other major local languages is desirable.
- Exemplifying integrity
- Demonstrating commitment to UNFPA and the UN system
- Embracing cultural diversity
- Embracing change
- Valuing diversity
- Performance management
- Developing people/fostering innovation and empowerment
- Working in Teams
- Communicating information and ideas/knowledge sharing
- Integrity/commitment to mandate
- Appropriate and transparent decision making
- Results orientation and commitment to excellence
- Self-management/emotional intelligence and conflict management/negotiating and resolving disagreements
- Business Acumen
- Implementing management systems
- Innovation and marketing of new approaches
- Client orientation
- Organizational awareness
- Job knowledge/technical expertise
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to United Nations Population Fund – UNFPA on estm.fa.em2.oraclecloud.com to apply