NATIONAL AGENCY FOR SCIENCE AND ENGINEERING INFRASTRUCTURE (NASENI)
CALL FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST: NASENI SPECIAL INTERVENTION REVOLVING FUND TO SUPPORT THE IMPLEMENTATION OF THE NATIONAL TRACTOR & HEAVY DUTY/MACHINERY RECOVERY, REFURBISHMENT AND REDEPLOYMENT PROJECT
Pursuant to the NASENI Establishment Act, 1992 and the presidential executive order five (5) for planning and Execution of projects, Promotion of Nigerian Content in contracts and science, Engineering and Technology, His Excellency President Muhammadu Buhari, GCFR, President and Commander-In-Chief of the Armed Forces, Federal Republic of Nigeria on the 30th December, 2020 approved the National Tractor & Heavy Duty/Machinery, Recovery, approved the National Tractor & Heavy Duty/Machinery, Recovery, Refurbishment and Redeployment Project as partnership project between National Agency for Science and Engineering Infrastructure (NASENI); the Nigeria incentive-based risk sharing system for Agricultural Lending (NIRSAL Plc) and Machine and Equipment Corporation Africa Limited (MECA).
The National Tractor & Heavy Duty/Machinery Recovery, Refurbishment and Redeployment Project was developed to recover, refurbish and redeploy about 55,000 broken down tractors, Heavy Duty/Agricultural Machines across the country, that can be refurbished in 3 years as follows: (Phase I – 20,000; Phase II – 20,000; Phase 15,000) and redeployed across all States of the Federation to support over 100million smallholder farmers across the 36 States + FCT and the 774 Local Governments in Nigeria. The benefitting States under the NASENI Special Intervention Revolving Fund to Support the Implementation of the National Tractor & Heavy Duty/ Machines Recovery and Refurbishment Project, will repay the cost of the intervention in their states to NASENI over a period of years at 5% 5 INTEREST rate.
1. Significant increase in Nigeria’s Tractor Density from the current record of 1% Mechanization, 10% animal power and 89% human labour to about 25% Mechanization within the next five years.
2. Generate over five million direct and indirect jobs (over 1,000,000 direct jobs and over 4 million indirect jobs in all), within the next 5 years; thus, ensuring youth employment and empowerment well as national security.
3. Domestication of foreign technology and skills development through reverse engineering, training of engineers, technicians, operators, mechanics, fleet managers and supervisors through the MECA-NASENI Co-location Workshops.
4. Technical assistance on capacity building and institutional strengthening for SMEs in the areas of vocational skills and man- power development.
5. Promotes import substitution, reduction of capital flight as well as cost savings of over N2.3 Trillion being the estimated replacement cost of buying brand new 55,000 tractors/ heavy-duty equipment at a today’s average market price.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Submission of Expression of Interest (EOI) to participate in the scheme by state Government or MDAs
2. Execution of the scheme agreement between NASENI, MECA and the state Government or MDA.
3. Prequalification technical assessment by the MECA and NASENI technical Team.
4. Undertaking by the participating State or MDA to fully repay the funds spent on the repairs and refurbishment of their Agricultural and Heavy Duty Equipment through monthly deductions from the states Internal Generated Revenue (IGR) account with 5% interest to the NASENI special intervention revolving fund.
5. Compliance with NIRSAL Risk Acceptance criteria for the issuance of credit risk guarantee or alternatively the issuance of an irrevocable standing payment order (ISPO) by the beneficiary state or MDA in favour of NASENI.
ELIGIBILITY FOR PARTICIPATION
1. All 36 States Government and FCTA
2. All Federal Ministries, Departments & Agencies (MDAs)
National Agency for Science Engineering Infrastructure (NASENI)s
No. 17 M.S Haruna Avenue
Idu Industrial Area, Idu Abuja-
0803 4708 441;
0705 3874 006
Machine and equipment
Corporation Africa (MECA)
Plot 2542 Hassan Usman
Kastina Street, Asokoro, Abuja
HOW TO APPLY
Interested states and MDAs should send Expression of Interest (EOI) to NASENI special intervention revolving fund to support the implementation of the National tractors & heavy duty/machines recovery, refurbishment and redeployment project. National Agency for Science Engineering Infrastructure (NASENI), not more than six weeks from date of this publication. (i.e 30 Jan. 2023)