REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (CONSULTING SERVICES – INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANT)
ASSIGNMENT TITLE: CONSULTANCY SERVICES FOR THE DEVELOPMENT, TRANSLATION, AND GRAPHIC DESIGN OF TEACHER GUIDES AND LEARNERS BOOK
FHI360 is a non-profit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health,, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth research and technology; creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S territories.
The FCDPO- funded partnership for learning for all in Nigeria (PLANE) is a 7-year project that will support basic education in Kano, Kaduna and Jigawa States. PLANE is a consortium arrangement with DAI as lead while FHI 360 as a major implementing partner. FHI 360 is responsible of output 1 implementation for learning and reading across all the pilot states. FHI360 also tasked with developing and revising teaching and learning materials in the primary grades, beginning with grades P2.
Part of PLANE program in Nigeria is to provide consultancy services for the development, translation and graphic design of teacher guides and learners’ book. These consultants will work remotely supporting the program to translate teachers guide and learners book for literacy and numeracy through several desk review of the approved literacy teaching materials. To this end, FHI360 is seeking application and curriculum vitae from individual consultants for each assignment listed below:
|Assignments||Consultancy Category||Duration (Days)|
|1||Translator Hausa: Numeracy||30|
|2||Translator Hausa: Literacy||30|
|5||Graphics Designer: literacy||35|
|6||Graphics Designer: Numeracy||15|
The assignment will be implemented in the period between January 1st and May 31st, 2023, with a total duration of 30 working days for translators and specialist, 45 working days for graphic designers and illustrators. Consultants would be selected based on the following minimum educational and experience criteria.
1. Possess a strong qualification for Hausa translation and linguistics as well as a bachelor’s degree/PhD in Hausa Linguistics and translation
2. Consultants must possess 7 to 10 years’ experience in material translation with development organization in both literacy and numeracy or any other organization of similar scope.
3. Relevant experience as a Hausa classroom teacher with adequate grasp of specific pedagogy and a functional knowledge of computer literacy
4. Graphic design consultants must possess adequate IT skills alongside designs, photo editing software, creativity, innovation, and time management. She/he must possess relevant knowledge of latest trends, complying of arts for foundational learners within education environment and communities.
5. Demonstrated leadership and communication skills
6. Experience working in the education sector in Northwest Nigeria strongly preferred.
Consultants are required to apply for only one of the assignments they are qualified for.
The scope of assignment and further information on each of the category of assignment can be obtained through this web link https://bit.ly/3P5QTw3
Clarification and enquiry related to this expression of interest can be submitted to [email protected] on or before December 13th, 2022
Your expression of interest (Application letter and CV) must be delivered in PDF format and submitted to [email protected] on or before December, 19th, 2022.