EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOI)
INVITATION FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOI) FOR SHORT LISTING OF AGENCY TO SERVE AS RESEARCH PARTNER FOR BIRTH COMPANION (BC) STUDY IN KANO AND NASARAWA STATE
Jhpiego is an international, non-profit health organization affiliated with Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, United States of America. For over 40 years and in over 155 countries, Jhpiego has used innovative approaches and creative solutions to prevent the needless deaths of women and their families and translates the best science and practice to improve health care services and strengthen the capacity of countries like Nigeria. Jhpiego partners with governments, health experts and local communities to build the skills and systems that guarantee a healthier future for women and their families. In Nigeria, Jhpiego works across various states in close collaboration with national and state governments, providing technical assistance in the areas of family planning (FP), maternal, newborn and child health (MNCH), HIV/AIDS, malaria, gender Integration and mainstreaming, gender based violence prevention and response, strengthening human resources for health, and non-communicable diseases.
With funding from the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, Jhpiego through the Antenatal Postnatal Research Collective (ARC) is conducting implementation research on antenatal, intrapartum, and postnatal care interventions.
Jhpiego is looking for an experienced Nigerian research partner to conduct implementation research on the following:
1. Qualitative research among postpartum women on place of birth in selected LGAs of Nasarawa State (3 months)
2. Randomized control trial (RCT) on Integrating a birth companionship (BC) package of Interventions into Intrapartum care in selected facilities in Nasarawa and Kano States (12-18 months)
• Quarterly quantitative and qualitative data collection with intervention iteration over 12 months
• Primary research objective: To evaluate the impact of the BC package of interventions on penetration/coverage of BC.
• Secondary research objectives
• To evaluate the impact of the BC package of interventions on client experience of care
• To evaluate the feasibility of implementing the BC package of interventions BC package of interventions
• To evaluate the acceptability of the BC package of Interventions
• Exploratory research objectives
• To evaluate the potential association between baseline management readiness to change and adoption of the BC package of Interventions
Study designs are completed, and the interventions will be designed by Jhpiego. The purpose of this EOI is to identify research partners with the capacity to lead local preparation and implementation of the research study. At this stage, please do not submit any research proposals.
Submission Requirements of the NGO/Agency
A-Profile-no more than 4 pages total
A.1. Organizational capacity statement of no more than 4 pages, following the outline below: Provide a brief description of the background and of your Agency and of each associate who would work on this assignment. The brief description should include ownership details, date and place of incorporation of the Agency’s objectives of the NGO/Agency availability of appropriate skills among staff, brochures etc.
• Technical capacity
• Experience conducting quantitative and qualitative research on maternal and new born health in public and private sector and the community levels, highlighting work in Nasarawa and Kano States, if applicable.
• Staff with expertise in database building, data management, regulatory management, and quantitative and qualitative data analysis
• List of up to 10 most relevant peer-viewed journal articles authored or co-authored by leadership or core research staff in the past 5-7 years
• Brief description of data systems (including data security) and data management/analysis, platforms/hardware and programming languages
• Organizational capacity
• Year founded
• leadership core, and contract staff
• Verifiable office address, mobile number and e-mail address). Including location of offices aside corporate headquarters and offices in Nasarawa and Kano States (if applicable)
• Financial management structure
• Funding experience (amounts and donors by research study or project for the last 3-4 years)
• Regulatory and relationships with local and national IRB(s
• Any academic affiliation, collaboration with students, and/or collaboration with US universities
• Certificate of registration/incorporation, memorandum and articles of association and valid Tax Identification Number (TIN)
• Proof or license to offer required services as given by the appropriate regulatory body (if applicable).
B-Experience: no more than 3 pages total
The Agency is expected to furnish up to 5 examples of previous experience conducting research during last 3 years. Each project description should consist the following for each of such activities undertaken by the Agency:
1. Organization for which the activity was undertaken
2. Nature of assignment (training/survey/materials development etc)
3. Brief description of the project
4. Project/Assignment location: Urban/Rural
5. Details of any associate consultant(s) engaged
6. Number of technical personnel/staffs involved
7. Links to or e-copies of reports/documents/PPT related to such assignments.
No additional Information should be submitted at this stage, but may be requested in the short-listing or selection process.
EOI EVALUATION CRITERIA
Evaluation will be based on the criteria listed below:
• Technical competence
• Best Price
• 5 years minimum experience in carrying out rigorous Implementation Research studies in the domain of Reproductive Maternal, Newborn and Child Health or related fields
TECHNICAL EVALUATION CRITERIA
Technical criteria to evaluate agencies performance would be:
• Skill of the agency to perform the assignment including the number of years of experience for conducting research work
• Data systems and data management/analysis
• Details of similar assignments conducted in the last two years
• Staff qualifications-the quality of staff/team members to be assigned for this project
• Demonstrable strong finance management systems
Agency will be selected in accordance with the credibility and previous experience of working in the areas of implementation research as well strong finance management systems. Jhpiego reserves the right to select/reject any NGO/Agency for the purpose mentioned above and can also cancel the EOI process in accordance with the institutional norms.
EOI ENQUIRY TIMELINE
All further questions and enquiries should only be sent to [email protected] closing date for receiving and responding to enquiries is 4pm on 9th October, 2022
EOI SUBMISSION DEADLINE
All bids should be addressed and delivered to
The Procurement Committee
Jhpiego – an affiliate of John Hopkins University
Plot 971, Reuben Okoya Crescent (Behind Pacesetters College) Wuye,
Ensure that you put all quotes into bid box at the reception. Also, ensure that you complete the bid v reception of our office in the address above. All bids must be submitted latest by 4pm on 18th October 2022.
“Birth Companion (BC) study in Kano and Nasarawa states” should be boldly written on the sealed envelope used for submission of proposal. Only shortlisted agencies will be contacted for interviews and next stage.
Note: Please note that total submission should not exceed 10 pages.