SOCIETY FOR FAMILY HEALTH
INVITATION TO PRE-QUALIFY FOR SELECTION AS INSURANCE BROKER
Society for Family Health (SFH) is a Nigerian non-governmental organization (NGO) working in partnership with communities, government, donors and the private sector for universal health coverage and social justice of all Nigerians, we deploy health system strengthening and total market approaches in a bid to unify the private and public health sectors to scale an Essential package of Health services (EPHS) offering of good quality to all Nigerians. Our activities focus on HIV/AIDS prevention, Family Planning, Maternal and Child Health (Malaria, Water and Sanitation, Nutrition and Diarrhea control). The mission of SFH is to empower Nigerians, particularly the poor and vulnerable to lead healthier lives. SFH connects all Nigerians in an innovative social business model to expand access to essential health commodities while boosting overall national health financing.
SFH intends to engage an additional broker for execution of General Insurance cover only. SFH will coordinate funding for the insurance and provide necessary operational support to its Insurance Brokers.
In line with achieving the major intent of our mission; SFH invites reputable and competent organizations to prequalify to be selected as additional Insurance Broker for this purpose
A. Motor Vehicle Insurance
ii. Third party
iii. Third party with theft
B. Fire and Special Perils (Asset, Commodities, Ota, Warehouse building and HQ building only)
C. Theft, Burglary and House Breaking for assets and commodities
D. Professional Indemnity
E. Public liability
F. Product liability
G. Marine Insurance
H. Group Personal Accident for Consultants only
I. All Risk
J. Fidelity Guarantee
The duration for this engagement will be for an initial period of three (3) years with the option of an agreed period extension based on documented performance and availability of funds.
Objective of service
The objective of this service is to engage a reputable insurance broker who, together with the existing brokers, will assist SFH in optimizing its resources, preserving it assets, and provide professional services on insurable risk.
Scope of Work:
The scope of work for the insurance broker includes but is not limited to the following:
• Analyze SFH operations and provide SFH with professional advice on appropriate insurance cover for all of its insurable interests.
• Ensure SFH interests are protected by providing information on insurance administrative procedures, products and directing SFH in the selection of the best insurance products.
• Ensure cost effectiveness and savings on insurance premiums.
• Liaise between the insurance underwriters and SFH for efficient administration of the insurance policies.
• Ensure prompt policy renewals.
• Claims management and facilitation of claims payment.
• Provide quarterly update on the insurance policy status.
• Carry out any other assignment relating to the insurance cover given to SFH.
• Provide usage and other reports as required.
A: Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible for consideration, interested companies must be submit bid documentation that includes the following:
• Certificate of Incorporation/ Registration of Business Name.
• Evidence of registration with Nigeria Council of Registered Insurance Brokers (NCRIB)
• Copy of the Company’s certified (by NAICOM) current license to operate as an Insurance Broker.
• Company’s published audited accounts for the years ended 2019, 2020 and 2021
• Copy of Tax Clearance Certificates (by the Internal Revenue Service) for 2019, 2020 and Internal Revenue Service) for 2019, 2020 and 2021,as well as the current VAT registration
• A profile of the Management staff/technical staff of the company with their qualifications and Insurance working experience (include curriculum vitae of technical personnel’s ) maximum 5 pages
• Certificate of insurance in respect of professional indemnity cover,
• Evidence of compliance with the provisions of the Pension Reform Act 2004 as they relate to pensions – Pensions Registration and Group Life Insurance certificates to be included.
• Evidence of previous similar services carried out (to include, Contracts/Service agreements, Memorandum of Understanding, Purchase Orders, Letters of award/engagement, e.t.c.)
B: Evaluation and Selection of the Supplier:
• A procurement committee will be constituted to review the submissions and shortlist applicants to proceed to the next stage of Request for Proposal based on the criteria listed above (as described in A).
• At this stage, a ‘YES’ or ‘NO’ qualifier will be used to rate all the points detailed in “A” and only companies with a ‘YES’ response against all the points detailed in “A” above will be considered for the Request for Proposal Stage.
• Only companies that satisfy the Pre-qualification requirements will be contacted with Requests for Proposal (RFP) document.
• Bids are to be submitted in a sealed envelope; SFH will not be held liable for the outcome of any bid received unsealed.
• All costs incurred by bidders because of this process and any subsequent requests for information shall be borne by the bidding companies. This would include any costs incurred during functional demonstrations and subsequent meetings and negotiations.
C: Terms of Invitation to Bid
• This publication can also be found on SFH websites: www.sfhnigeria.org (see bid link at foot of the website home page) and on www.dgmarket.com (an international tenders’ portal).
• SFH reserves the right to appoint or not to appoint any of the companies as it may deem fit. Any company appointed shall be subject to terms of engagement that will be entered on appointment as the service provider.
• Companies should take account of the expected submission date and are responsible to ensure that bids are received at SFH by the due date and time. Lost or misdirected courier packages received after the due date and time will be considered as having been submitted late.
• This advertisement shall not be construed as a commitment on the part of SFH to appoint any organization nor shall it entitle any organization to claim any indemnity from SFH.
• Bids sent via e-mail will not be considered.
• SFH is Value Added Tax (VAT) exempted.
• Only successful bidders will be contacted.
Interested bidders are welcome to visit the SFH website (www.sfhnigeria.org) for clarifications, enquiries or general information. This can be done by clicking on the bid link at the foot of the website home page (Selection of an Insurance Broker for SFH). Such information should be requested not later than 5 working days (i.e., 5 October 2022) after publication. Bidders are informed that all clarifications will not be sent to the bidders requesting but shall be published on the SFH website. All responses to request for clarifications shall be posted on SFH website for all bidders to access within 48hrs.
Submission of Application/Closing Date
The code “SFH/INS-2022″should be boldly written on the top right corner of the Pre-qualification submission envelope. Name of organization tendering and the applicable Lot number, should also be clearly written on the rear of the envelope. Failure to do this will lead to disqualification.
This sealed envelope containing two hard copies of the submission should be forwarded to the address below:
The Head, Procurement Division
Society for Family Health
No. 8 Port Harcourt Crescent
Area 11, Garki,
Note: The closing date for receiving the application is 12th of October 2022. Any received after this deadline will not be accepted.