THE CHALLENGE INITIATIVE NIGERIA
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
(LOCAL NGO – FIRMS SELECTION)
Recruitment of Local Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) or agency to support and manage a national family planning program in Nigeria.
DATE OF ANNOUNCEMENT: June 29, 2022
CLOSING DATE: July 13, 2022
The challenge Initiative is an Urban Reproductive Health (RH) project designed to provide coaching and technical assistance (TA) to state governments to implement innovative family planning (FP) and adolescent and youth sexual and reproductive health (AYSRH) models for improved reproductive and maternal health in Nigeria. TCI does not directly implement FP/RH programming but works with and through state governments to do so. The Project is currently implemented in 12 countries across 6 regional hubs globally including Nigeria, India, East Africa, Francophone West African, Philippines and Pakistan. TCI is funded by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, Comic Relief ad n Bayer, and globally led by the Bill and Melinda Gates institute for population and Reproductive Health. The project is being implemented in Nigeria by John Hopkins Center for Communication Programs (CCP).
OVERVIEW OF PROJECT
The 4 stages of the TCI program include Expression of Interest (EOI) by states, FP/AYSRH program Design, Design Implementation and Graduation of states from TCI after achieving self-reliance. The project is guided by the following 6 principles:
- Demand driven: states self-select to participate in the program and commit to contribute their financial and human resources
- Local ownership and readiness; state must be ready, willing and able to address their own challenges to implementation
- Right-fitting best practice interventions: TCI simples HIs, so it is easier and faster to implement, reaching more people, more places and have the same (or greater) impact.
- Leveraging existing platforms: TCI works with existing government-led systems to harmonize strategies, funding and TA, leading to cost-efficiencies with scale.
- Coaching and TCI University: TCI uses a Lead, Assist, Observe and Monitor Coaching model to transfer capacity using TCI University, an online learning platform.
- Real-time data for decision-making: TCI strengthens government capacity to use data for problem solving and better decision making.
PURPOSE OF RFP
In the spirit of self-reliance and local ownership, CCP seeks to partner with an experienced, reputable health/development local Nigerian Organization to whom ultimately the TCI program and platform in Nigeria will be transitioned. The Selected organization would be expected to implement/manage activites relate to advocacy and program coordination, demand generation (i.e. social and behavior change and capacity strengthening), service delivery, and research, monitoring and continued funding.
WHO SHOULD APPLY
CCP invites eligible local NGOs to indicate their interest in providing their services for this project. The selected organization will be responsible for managing and implementing the TCI model in select states. Applicants should be able to demonstrate robust experience and technical capacity in the implementation of FP/RH and other primary health care programs including staff recruitment, supervision and implementation.
The organization is expected to start in August 2022. The chosen agency will need to be ready to assume these responsibilities at this time and/or soon after the contract is fully executed.
HOW TO APPLY
Expression of Interests should be in written in English and provide the following information:
- Company profile (including capacity to implement and manage family planning programs as well as geographic scope
- CVs of key personnel
- List of Institutional collaborations
- Description of past work similar to TCI project, engagement with state ministries of health, state primary health care development agencies, Christina and Muslim communities, and other groups within health sectors
- Proof of local registration.
Please indicate whether your agency would be able to carry out this type of work in the time frame given and whether you would be willing to submit a formal bid for this work within 7-10 days’ notice.
Please note the purpose of this inquiry is only to determine if your firm would be interested in this work and consider meeting the scheduled timeline. Formal requests for bids will be sent out a later date.
Reponses must be received by email to [email protected] no later than Thursday 13th of July 2022.