FAMILY HEALTH INTERNATIONAL (FHI 360)
REQUEST FOR QUOTATION
Family Health International (FHI 360) is a not-for-profit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes expert in health, education, nutrition, environmental, economic development, civil society, gender equality, youth, research and technology – creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. The EPiC Project which is funded by USAID is supporting two Mega PCR Laboratories one each in University of Uyo Teaching Hospital (UUTH), Uyo, and Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu Teaching Hospital (COOUTH), Awka with One (1) unit each of 100 Kilowatts Solar Inverter System. The two laboratories are equipped with a total of 11 (UUTH-7; COOUTH-6) high throughput PCR instruments to boost dally VL & EID testing output and release about 2,000 patients’ results within 24 hours operation, Provision of adequate power supply is extremely critical to ensure the laboratories attain the expectations and operate efficiently.
The Nigeria Country Office hereby requesting for quotation for supply and installation of 100- kilowatts Solar Inverter System one each to provide primary power source to the two laboratories. Interested and qualified solar energy company are required to download the bill of quantities from this link https://bit.ly/3HskoUW to guide their quotations. Please note, the bill of Quantity is of two options- Option 1, AGM type battery storage and Option 2, Lithium type battery storage.
B. Proposal Requirement
Please read this section carefully and be sure that all requested information are included in your submission. Evaluators will neither make assumptions nor draw inferences regarding missing or incomplete information. The submission of incomplete information could result in the rejection of proposals.
(1) One page cover letter with registered address, functional email, telephone numbers and signed by authorized company representative. The letter should be addressed to the Procurement Committee, FHI360 Country Office.
(2) Evidence of company registration with the Corporate Affairs Commission, including form CAC7 & CAC2.
(2) Tax Clearance Certificate for 2018, 2019, and 2020.
(4) Evidence of registration with relevant professional body or institutions of practice.
(5) Letter of Authority from a known solar power equipment manufacturer/international wholesale supplier.
(6) Submit one-page technical data sheet each for Inverter, PV Panel and Battery.
(7) Evidence of possession of experience in similar jobs of same capacity (100kw) or more. Bidders must describe in enough detail at feast 3 (one page each) projects similar in size, scope, and complexity (recently completed or in progress) carried out in the last five (5) years. At a minimum, bidders must furnish the following information for each project cited:
• A brief description of the project inclusive of the activities/function performed and an explanation of how this experience is relevant to the scope of this RFQ.
• The reference document for the award, value of the contract at the time of award, period of performance and signed Job Completion Certificates (JCC)/other evidence showing successful completion of the project.
• The name, physical address, telephone number and contact e-mail address of the client.
(8) List of equipment relevant to carry out the installation – one age
(9) Detailed circuit diagram, technical design, and implementation plan with timelines (prospective vendors that require site survey should request so to [email protected]
(10) Documentation of Support and Escalation procedures for after-sales support including duration-one page.
C. Instruction for submission:
• Bidders are requested to submit above required documents, signed quotation in PDF format and arrange in the listed number sequence (Section B).
• Vendors should submit the PDF package in one zipped folder and one email
• The folder should be submitted to this email; [email protected] not later than 4:00pm Monday 27 June, 2022. Physical submission is not allowed.
• The subject of your email should be “Proposal for Installation of Solar System”
D. Evaluation Stages, Selection criteria and weighted score:
Stage one: Conformity to the tender – Proposal must have all documents listed in Section B above. Evaluators will not make inference or assumption for incomplete information or document.
Stage two: Technical Evaluation – item 4-10 Section C above (Weight: 20%), Availability of Aftersales support/ Escalation procedures/systems (Weight: 10%), completion timeline (Weight: 15%) and Warranty terms (Weight: 15%).
Stage three: Financial Evaluation – Price Competitiveness (Weight: 40%)
Any proposal received by FHI360 after the deadline for submission stated herein shall be rejected and returned unopened to the bidder. Bidders must submit requests for clarification concerning this RFQ via [email protected] not later than 5.30pm on Friday 24 June, 2022.
• Issuance of this RFQ in no way constitutes a commitment by FNI360 to any bidder.
• FHI 360 reserves the right to vary any part of this RFQ at the time of award if it becomes necessary.
• FHI360 is Value added Tax (VAT) exempted, but carryout Withholding Tax (WTH) deduction on commercial transactions in compliance with relevant Nigerian laws.
• The payment term for this service is 100% upon satisfactory delivery.
Safeguarding policy – FHI 360 is committed to provide a safe environment for all employees, beneficiaries and anyone contracted by FHI 360. This include taking measures to protecting vulnerable people from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (SEA) by either FHI 360 employees or associated personnel. FHI 360 abides by child safeguarding principles. FHI 360’s Safeguarding Policies apply and flow out to all FHI 360 staff, board members, volunteers, and partner staff (subcontractors, consultants, vendors, and sub-recipients), regardless of the funding mechanism or amount of contract, agreement, or purchase order.