Creative Associates International invites interested and qualified consultants to tender applications for the following works:
Creative Associates International provides outstanding, on-the-ground development services and forges partnerships to deliver sustainable solutions to global challenges. Its experts focus on building inclusive educational systems, transitioning communities from conflict to peace, developing sustainable economic growth, engaging youth, promoting transparent elections and more. Creative is recognized for its ability to quickly adapt and excel in conflict and post-conflict environments.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Short-Term Technical Assistant (STTA) – Note Taker, Cash for Work, Fune LGA
RFQ Number: RFQ-YOL-05-22-0013
Location: Fune, Yobe
Reports to: The Program Manager
Estimated Period of Performance: June15, 2022 – August 30, 2022
Estimated Level of Effort: Around 15 days
From: Creative Associates International, Inc., on behalf of Nigeria Northeast Connection (NE Connection)
Funded by: USAID/Nigeria, AID-OAA-I-13-0005/72062021F00005
- Creative Associates International (Creative) through United States Agency for International Development Nigeria Mission (USAID/Nigeria) funding is implementing the Nigeria Northeast Connection (NE Connection) program: Building Community Resilience to Violent Extremism and Conflict in Northeast Nigeria. This program aims to strengthen the resilience of communities vulnerable to violent extremist infiltration and conflict in Adamawa, Borno and Yobe (BAY) states in northeast Nigeria.
- Program activities will be implemented directly by NE Connection staff or through local actors (i.e., grantees), with close oversight and technical assistance from program staff. In Yobe state Creative has identified Potiskum, Fune, and Damaturu as target Local Government Areas (LGAs) for intervention.
- The objectives of the NE Connection program are to ensure that:
- Resilience of communities vulnerable to violent extremist infiltration and conflict enhanced.
- Local capacity to respond to emerging threats developed.
- As earlier presented, the program is implemented primarily through small grants at the community level, designed to address specific problems or requests hinging on learnings and recommendations from quarterly research. Activity processes are as important as activity outputs in contributing to the program’s strategic goal. Program objectives are not met solely by performing tasks under an activity, but also through an inclusive locally led process that brings the community together to realize goals and foster positive engagement.
- The STTA will be guided by the STTA lead and two support STTA on specific tasks on the field while taking note during 5-day stakeholders meeting in Yobe, and 10 days field trip to targeted LGAs together with the 1 lead STTA and two support STTAs. The STTA will work with specific guidance from the state and the agency while gathering the initial data during stakeholders meeting and filed visit while gathering initial data that will feature into the strategic plan, in all the proposed duration for this role is 20 days from official engagement.
Reporting & Supervision:
- The STTA shall report to the Nigeria Northeast Connection Program Manager Yobe state portfolio
Tasks to be Performed
Primary responsibilities of the STTA will include but are not limited to the following:
- Take attendance and coordinate the meeting.
- Takes accurate notes on the content of discussion, questions, and feedbacks/action points during each session.
- Ensures that notes taken are clear, neat, well organized, descriptive of information provided, and free of spelling and grammatical errors.
- Remains physically and mentally alert and attentive during notetaking; refrains from providing advice, interjections, and/or personal opinions, either verbally or within the text of notes taken.
- Ensures that all related information/discussions remain confidential and is provided solely to the intended recipient/reporting supervisor
- Submit daily notes to the Lead Consultant and the two sub-consultants
- Submit a detailed/complied typed report after the five days meeting
- Continue to work with the lead consultant and the two sub-consultants for period of 20 days.
- Ability to write down significant information so that it is clear for review.
- Ability to use underlining, highlighting and capital letters for emphasis when taking notes.
Results and / or Deliverables
|Submission of detailed note, clear minutes of meetings and proceedings during the planning meetings and kick-off meeting||5||July 15, 2022||40%|
|Submission of detailed notes on all filed trips conducted during the 5-day filed trip to relevant LGA in Yobe State Submission of all notes and relevant details as assigned by the lead and support consultant||10||August30, 2022||60%|
|TOTAL||15 Days||2 months||100%|
Desired Skills & Qualifications
- B.Sc in any of Social Science / Public Administration or any related field required.
- Two (2) years working experience in administrative responsibilities
- Minimum of 1 – 2 years proven work experience in related field.
- Written and spoken fluency in English is required
- Ability to write clearly and legibly and follow routine verbal instructions.
- Excellent documentation and reporting skills are required, especially Knowledge of principles, procedures, and techniques for the taking of competent classroom notes
- Thorough knowledge of spelling, grammar, punctuation, and syntax
- Multi-tasking with positive attitude is required.
- Highly developed verbal communication and interpersonal skills are required
- Flexibility and ability to work in busy environment.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Knowledge and understanding of local languages spoken in the project area (Kanuri, and Hausa).
Estimated Total Cost
Daily rate should be around NGN13,842.00
Application Closing Date
5:00 PM: 31st May, 2022.
Questions Due Date
2:00 PM: 25th May, 2022.
Method of Application
All correspondence and / or inquiries regarding this Request for Quotations (RFQ) must reference the above RFQ number and be directed via email to: [email protected] Creative intends to award a fixed price consultant agreement but reserves the right to make multiple awards or no award.
Please submit the following documents to provide a quote in response to this RFQ:
- Confirm that you have the qualifications and experience to perform the work as defined in the scope of work AND are available to perform the work during the period of performance required.
- An updated CV that reflects the education, skills, and experience required in Attachment 1, and demonstrates the ability to carry out the scope of work;
- Confirm that you can perform the work within the not-to-exceed level of effort (LOE) stated in the scope or provide an alternate LOE and justify. Also include any non-labor costs expectations.
- Any questions should be submitted in writing and emailed to: [email protected] no later than the above date.
- No questions will be entertained if they are received by means other than the specified email address, and any communications to alternate e-mail addresses may result in the disqualification of the bidder.
- The RFQ number listed above should be stated in the Subject line.
Answers to Questions:
- Answers will be compiled and distributed before close of business on 05/26/2022. Sincerely, Creative Associates International
Click Here for Scope of Work (MS Word)
Click Here for Terms & Conditions (MS Word)
Click Here Budget Template (MS Excel)
Click Here for W-9 Form (PDF)
- Attachment 2 (Terms and Conditions), Annex A (Reps, Certs and Consents form) and Annexes B/C/D (W-8; W-9; Vendor forms, as applicable)are provided for your information at this stage in the solicitation process. Completed forms will be required only if you have been selected for the consulting opportunity.However, you may complete, sign, and submit the forms as part of your response to this request.
- A Budget Template is also provided. You are not required to use this template and can submit pricing in any format that allows Creative to evaluate the realism and reasonableness of your price in relation to the work required.
- Selection will be made on the basis of technical capability and overall best value. Modifications to this RFQ, including closing date extensions, will be posted on the same medium/website where the original solicitation is posted. Please check the website for updates.
- Also note that Creative desires to keep potential consultant personal data on an internal database for the sole purpose of searching for qualified individuals for future opportunities. If you wish to be entered into our database to be considered for potential future work, please click HERE.