Creative Associates International invites interested and qualified consultants to tender applications for the following works:
Creative Associates International provides outstanding, on-the-ground development services and forges partnerships to deliver sustainable solutions to global challenges. Its experts focus on building inclusive educational systems, transitioning communities from conflict to peace, developing sustainable economic growth, engaging youth, promoting transparent elections and more. Creative is recognized for its ability to quickly adapt and excel in conflict and post-conflict environments.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Short -Term Technical Assistant (STTA) – Program Assistant on Media Campaign
RFQ Number: RFQ-YOL-05-22-0004
Reports to: The Program Manager
Estimated Period of Performance:June 2022 – October 2022
Estimated Level of Effort:Around 60 days
- Creative Associates International (Creative) through United States Agency for International Development Nigeria Mission (USAID/Nigeria) funding is implementing the Nigeria Northeast Connection (NE Connection) program:
- Building Community Resilience to Violent Extremism and Conflict in Northeast Nigeria.
- This program aims to strengthen the resilience of communities vulnerable to violent extremist infiltration and conflict in Adamawa, Borno and Yobe (BAY) states in northeast Nigeria.
- Program activities will be implemented directly by NE Connection staff or through local actors (i.e., grantees), with close oversight and technical assistance from program staff. In Borno state, Northeast Connection has identified Biu, Jere, Hawul, Kwaya Kusar, Maiduguri and Shani as target Local Government Areas (LGAs) for intervention.
- The objectives of the NE Connection program are to ensure that.
- Resilience of communities vulnerable to violent extremist infiltration and conflict enhanced.
- Local capacity to respond to emerging threats developed.
- The program is being implemented primarily through small grants at the community level, designed to address specific problems or requests hinging on learnings and recommendations from quarterly research. Activity processes are as important as activity outputs in contributing to the program’s strategic goal. Program objectives are not met solely by performing tasks under an activity, but also through an inclusive locally led process that brings the community together to realize goals and foster positive engagement.
- The Program Assistant is responsible for the day-to-day support, participation, and reporting of all activities under this intervention which include broadcasting of conflict sensitive radio program, dissemination of short video skits, pre-recorded interviews with influential for publicity and awareness on government’s efforts on reintegration in communities across Jere LGA.
- The STTA will work from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm daily and the consultancy is expected to be for a period of 60 days including the initial kick-off/debriefing meeting, the number of days for report writing.The STTA will work with specific guidance from NE Connection Team.
Reporting & Supervision:
- The STTA Programme Assistant will work with the Program Officer, and report to the Nigeria Northeast Connection Program Manager under the Borno state portfolio.
Tasks to be Performed
Primary responsibilities of the STTA will include but are not limited to the following:
- The Programme Assistant will participate in the initial kick-off/debriefing meeting involving Media firm/organization and Lead consultant under th supervision of NE Connection.
- The STTA will support mapping of relevant actors working on reintegration and reconciliation within the target LGA.
- Media consultant will monitor, track, and record the broadcasting of conflict sensitive messages, live radio phone-in program, short video skits, jingles, and dissemination of pre-recorded interviews with influential personalities on social media and share with media consultant and NE Connection
- The Programme Assistant will work with the media firm/organization and consultant engaged by NE Connection to propagate conflict sensitive media program/content to wider audience for publicity and awareness
- Support in harvesting of success stories and good quote from stakeholders and community members share in activity highlights with NE Connection team.
- Write a detailed report for each activity carried out under this activity as well as support in drafting final report
- To assist in getting feedback on outcome harvesting – including lessons learned and outputs/outcomes and activity highlights
- Any other tasks as may be assigned by the NE Connection Program Manager during the consultancy period.
Results and/or Deliverables
|Deliverable||No of Days||Due Date||Amount|
|Shared using an approved attendance template and excel attendance sheet by NE connection a list of 35 critical stakeholders both at the state and LGA level (Shehu of Borno, the Executive Governor, LGA Chairman, LGA secretary, religion leaders, community leader etc.) to grant interview on the re-orientation campaign using video and audio messages. Well captioned 15 quality action pictures during mapping and interview of selected influential stakeholders.||5||Jun 15, 2022||10%|
|Detail report and 20 quality well captioned pictures, Facebook analysis, media log during support in report writing, monitoring and data collection on social media and radio||14||July 10, 2022||15%|
|Detail report and 20 quality well captioned pictures, Facebook analysis, media log during support in report writing, monitoring and data collection on social media activities and live radio phone-in program||15||July 30, 2022|
|Detail report on distribution of 500 pieces of T-shirts, 500 Face-caps, and 500 Hijabs each to community members across the 6 target communities and 2 wards. The distribution will give special attention to youth, women, and victims of VEOs. The targeted communities are Dalaram, Old Maiduguri and El-Yakub communities in Old Maiduguri, as well as Kaleri, London Ciki and Gwozari communities in Maimusari ward of Jere LGA.||11||August 15, 2022||20%|
|Well captioned 20 quality action pictures during supporting NE connection MEL team on monitoring and evaluation as well as during listenership survey for evaluation of impact of the project.||5||August 30, 2022||15%|
|Participation and support lead consultant in submission of final activity detailed/complied report including recommendations, success stories, quality action pictures.||10||September 16, 2022||20%|
Desired Skills & Qualifications
- University Degree or HND in Development Studies, Political Science, International Relations or any related field.
- Have evidence of 3 years of experience of past work-related engagement in the northeast
- Familiar with Borno State’s social, cultural, and political context
- Experience in providing technical and organizational support and capacity building
- In-depth knowledge of northeast crises trend with engagement experience in Borno State
- Equipped with a sufficient level of awareness and knowledge on Peacebuilding, conflict mediation, cohesion, and CVE
- Good communication and interpersonal skills are required.
- Good technical facilitation capacity.
- Excellent documentation skill is required.
- Written and spoken fluency in English and Hausa is required.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet datelines.
Application Closing Date
26th May, 2022.
Questions Due Date
2:00 PM, 23rd May, 2022.
Method of Application
All correspondence and/or inquiries regarding this Request for Quotations (RFQ) must reference the above RFQ number and be directed via email to: [email protected] Creative intends to award a fixed price consultant agreement but reserves the right to make multiple awards or no award.
Please submit the following documents to provide a quote in response to this RFQ:
- Confirm that you have the qualifications and experience to perform the work as defined in the scope of work AND are available to perform the work during the period of performance required.
- An updated CV that reflects the education, skills, and experience required in Attachment 1, and demonstrates the ability to carry out the scope of work;
- Confirm that you can perform the work within the not-to-exceed level of effort (LOE) stated in the scope or provide an alternate LOE and justify. Also include any non-labor costs expectations.
- Any questions should be submitted in writing and emailed to:[email protected] no later than the above date. No questions will be entertained if they are received by means other than the specified email address, and any communications to alternate e-mail addresses may result in the disqualification of the bidder. The RFQ number listed above should be stated in the Subject line.
Answers to Questions:
- Answers will be compiled and distributed before close of business on 05/24/2022. Sincerely, Creative Associates International
Clich Here for Scope of Work (MS Word)
Click Here for Terms & Conditions (MS Word)
Click Here for Budget Template (MS Excel)
Click Here for W-9 Form (PDF)
- Attachment 2 (Terms and Conditions), Annex A (Reps, Certs and Consents form) and Annexes B/C/D (W-8; W-9; Vendor forms, as applicable) are provided for your information at this stage in the solicitation process. Completed forms will be required only if you have been selected for the consulting opportunity. However, you may complete, sign, and submit the forms as part of your response to this request.
- A Budget Template is also provided. You are not required to use this template and can submit pricing in any format that allows Creative to evaluate the realism and reasonableness of your price in relation to the work required.
- Selection will be made on the basis of technical capability and overall best value. Modifications to this RFQ, including closing date extensions, will be posted on the same medium/website where the original solicitation is posted. Please check the website for updates.
- Also note that Creative desires to keep potential consultant personal data on an internal database for the sole purpose of searching for qualified individuals for future opportunities. If you wish to be entered into our database to be considered for potential future work, please Click HERE