SOS Children’s Villages Nigeria invites interested and qualified consultants to tender applications for the following works:
SOS Children’s Villages Nigeria is one of 137 Member Associations working under the umbrella of SOS Children’s Villages International, an international non-governmental social development organization that works with all our stakeholders to find the most appropriate response to the situation of children at risk of losing parental care and those without parental care.
Since 1973, we have been active in Nigeria, with footprints across the country in Lagos, Ogun, Plateau. Oyo, Edo, Kaduna and Borno States as well as the Federal Capital Territory. In Nigeria, we collaborate with all relevant stakeholders, focusing on the child’s development into a self-supporting and contributing member of society.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Request for Proposal (RFP) to Facilitate the Development of SOS Children’s Villages Nigeria National Strategic Plan
To ensure a successful implementation of SOS Children’s Villages programmes in Nigeria with a positive impact on our target group, MA Nigeria will be developing a 5-year strategy document (2022-2026) that will align with the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGS), SOS Children’s Villages Strategy 2030, relevant SOS Children’s Villages resources and other national and subnational childcare frameworks in Nigeria.
Scope of Work
The consultant will support SOS Children’s Villages Nigeria in the National Strategy development process. S/he will support the design of workshops/ (online) meetings, to make the best use of all stakeholders and ensure that all the stakeholders are engaged appropriately.
The following scope defines the consultant’s work:
- Understanding the external context as per the following key documents and guides the in-house teams and the strategy development process accordingly:
- International documents and conventions related to children and young people such as UNCRC and UN Guidelines on Alternative Care.
- Documents related to the child care sector in the country such as Child Rights Situational Analysis, National Child Laws and other relevant documents which might be provided by the organization.
- Donor market assessment report, if available and provided by the organization, or other relevant documents/information to understand and guide on external opportunities
- Understand the country’s social, political, economic, legal, environmental, technological and humanitarian context.
- Understanding the organization’s internal context and guides the in-house teams and the strategy development process accordingly:
- Understand the organization’s key reference documents and materials including: templates and guidelines for the development of National strategy: Federation 2030 Strategy, the 5 federation Priorities 2021-2024, Africa Strategy and the organization key policies and guidelines among.
- Guides and facilitates the application of defined methodology, processes, tools and templates based on the organization’s strategy development guidelines; delivers independent process facilitation to support meetings, sessions and workshops’ stated objectives.
- Collects and/or supports the collection and preliminary analysis of relevant and sufficient external information.
- Facilitates the strategy formulation workshop and consolidates its outcome as per agreed expectations, scope and intent.
- Other relevant terms will be stated in a Terms of Reference and made available to the hired consultant.
- Definition of the process and a quality assurance plan based on proposed methodology and template of the organization’s guidelines for guiding and conducting the various inputs, sessions, analysis, workshops and outcomes including the strategy formulation workshop and the strategic plan document.
- Complimentary and standardized tools for input collection and analysis.
- Collation of locally relevant and needful content from external sources and internal stakeholders.
- Successful facilitation of the strategy formulation workshop including technical advice and support to participants during the workshop.
- Consolidation of the outcome of the strategy formulation workshop to produce a zero draft strategy document as per the organization’s guideline and template with expected annexes which will be shared with the internal teams for subsequent reviews and finalization. The consultant makes sure that the content of the strategy document is within the scope, direction and consensus of the outcome of the formulation workshop, dialogue and process. Content is also aligned to internal organizational terminologies & language while ensuring external and industry norms and standards, and appealing to stakeholders & donors.
- Evaluation of the facilitator’s work, based on evaluation forms received from participants
- Final report on the implementation of the tasks after finishing the workshops
- Finalized draft of the SOS Children’s Villages Nigeria National Strategic Plan
- The timeline for the development of the National Strategic Plan will be from June 1 to September 29″ 2022.
Timeline of the Guideline Development:Competencies and Experience
Profile of the consultant/agency:
- Experienced in child’s rights, child protection & alternative child care.
- Experienced in policy analysis and development
- Ability to synthesize large amounts of information to identify underlying trends and patterns
- Proven familiarity and expertise with analytical techniques and modeling of complex systems
- Demonstrated experience documenting processes and/or writing research articles
- Good facilitation and interpersonal skills
- Proven experience in data collection and evaluation methods
- Strong skills in coordinating teamwork
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Ability to transfer complex concepts/ideas into practical and simple language
- Good understanding of Nigeria’s child welfare system
Application Closing Date
4:00pm Thursday, 20th May, 2022.
Submission of Proposal Plan
Proposals in response to this RFP should be addressed to the contact information below and emailed in one document to: [email protected] at:
The National Director,
SOS Children’s Villages Nigeria,
29B Haile Selassie Street,
Asokoro – (FCT) Abuja.
N/B: Applications received after the deadline specified for submission may be rejected and disqualified.
Interested candidates and/or institutions are requested to submit:
- Letter of Application/Proposal Tender
- Technical Proposal
- Financial Proposal
Evaluation of Proposal
- All proposals received (technical and financial proposals) will be evaluated based on the requested proposal information and on cost-vs-benefits basis.