The International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) invites reputable, interested and qualified vendors / contractors to indicate interest by submitting EOI documents for the following works:
The International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) is the world’s central intergovernmental forum for scientific and technical co-operation in the nuclear field. It works for the safe, secure and peaceful uses of nuclear science and technology, contributing to international peace and security and the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals.
Application are invited for:
Title: Request for Expression of Interest (REOI) – Call for Partnership for Donation and / or Free-of-Charge Loan of Equipment in Support of the Zoonotic Disease Integrated Action (ZODIAC)
R-EOI No. 560557-RL
Zoonotic diseases affect around 2.6 billion people every year. Zoonoses are caused by infectious agents transmitted from animals to humans. The threats of zoonotic diseases, such as COVID-19, can culminate in a pandemic, affecting the well-being, livelihood, and socioeconomic status of billions of people worldwide.
Under the One Health approach, nuclear and related techniques can contribute to strengthening the preparedness and response capabilities of countries to deal with zoonotic diseases. The IAEA launched the Zoonotic Disease Integrated Action (ZODIAC) initiative for a systematic and integrated approach to support the early detection, prevention and control of outbreaks. ZODIAC will integrate emergency assistance measures under a holistic approach. These include the identification, early detection and monitoring of zoonotic disease pathogens as they move from wild to domestic animals and eventually to people.
- Build and enhance capacities of countries’ designated laboratories (ZODIAC National Laboratories) to detect and monitor zoonotic diseases at the animal-human interface;
- Establish a global network and an online platform to help national laboratories exchange information on the monitoring, early detection and control of animal and zoonotic diseases, as well as to enable rapid response to emergencies;
- Support research and development activities for technologies and methodologies for early detection and surveillance of zoonotic diseases.
- ZODIAC will strengthen the preparedness and capabilities of countries to rapidly detect and respond to outbreaks of zoonotic diseases. ZODIAC aims to create a global network to foster scientific collaboration and share information.
Expected Results:At the laboratory level, ZODIAC will identify and engage relevant end-users (veterinarians, biologists, laboratory technicians, field technicians) of nuclear and related techniques and methods to enhance their capacities for early detection of emerging or re-emerging zoonotic diseases and facilitate disease surveillance as well as monitoring and tracing systems, and train them on sampling and analysis techniques and methods, including Standard Operational Procedures (SOPs), quality assurance/quality control (QA/QC) and result-reporting techniques. A significant part of this process begins with the procurement of Molecular Diagnostic, Serology and/or Whole-Genome Sequencing packages.
The IAEA invites suppliers to submit an expression of interest (EOI) for the establishment of partnership(s) for donation and/or free-of-charge loan of equipment to the IAEA in support of ZODIAC.
Scope of Work
- Ledetect 96; LED based Microplate Reader.
- Laptop appropriate for the ELISA reader Ledetect 96 with software for the ELISA reader Ledetect 96
- Incubating Microplate Shaker
- Microplate Washer: CappWash Kit including W-12, WP-230V, WB-1, WB-3, WB-4, and W-1000 (3 meters)
- Analytical laboratory balance, capacity 210 g x 0.1mg, readability, 90mm diameter stainless steel weighing pan with internal motorised calibraiton weight. PLUS RS232 Serial Output; B044-132
- Laboratory refrigerator – vertical 200-250 L; +2 to +8oC
- Deep freezer; -20oC; for laboratory use; upright 500-700 L
- Standard Line Variable Volume Pipettor 0.5 – 10 uL – Single Channel
- Standard Line Variable Volume Pipettor 10 – 100 uL – Single Channel
- Standard Line Variable Volume Pipettor 100 – 1000 uL
- Stand for the single channel pipettors
- Finnpipette™ F1 Multichannel Pipettes (12 channel; 5-50 µL)
- Finnpipette™ F1 Multichannel Pipettes (12 channel; 30-300 µL)
- Stand for the multi channel pipettors (specific for each of the above)
- Tips (no-filter) 10 µL; compatible with the pipettors for up to 10 µL (racks 8×12; 50 racks per pack)
- Tips (no-filter) 100 µL; compatible with the pipettors for up to 100 µL (racks 8×12; 50 racks per pack)
- Tips (no-filter) 300 µL; compatible with the pipettors for up to 300 µL (racks 8×12; 50 racks per pack)
Click Here (PDF) for a detailed SOW.
Suppliers shall meet the following criteria:
- The supplier shall have a corporate image associated, directly or indirectly, to values and ideas consistent with the IAEA’s Statute and mission.
- The supplier shall not be:
- Included in the Consolidated United Nations Security Council Sanctions List or otherwise associated with, or support terrorism;
- Involved in unethical business practices, including complicity in human rights abuses, use or toleration of forced or compulsory labor and/or child labor;
- Involved in the manufacture, sale or distribution of arms and/or munitions;
- Involved in the manufacture, sale or distribution of landmines and/or cluster-bombs;
- Involved in the manufacture or distribute products widely recognized as harmful to public health, such as tobacco or alcohol;
- Involved in gambling, exploitative, fraudulent or corrupt practices;
- Operating in violation of IAEA issued regulations regarding safety and security;
- Included in the UN’s blacklist of debarred or suspended suppliers
Application Closing Date
31st October, 2022.
Submission of Documents
The EOI shall be submitted by e-mail to: [email protected]
Note the following:
- EOIs shall not be sent either directly or indirectly (in copy or forwarded message) to any other IAEA e-mail or official.
- The subject line of the e-mail shall read (in this same order): “R-EOI No. 560557-RL, ZODIAC – Call for Partnership”
- Each attachment file shall not be larger than 4MB. The total size of one e-mail shall not exceed 20MB.
- If suppliers experience problems in submitting the EOI by e-mail, files may be split and submitted as several e-mail attachments and/or in separate e-mails. If after attempting the foregoing the supplier still continues to experience problems, the supplier may, in a timely manner, contact the IAEA by e-mail to [email protected] before the R-EOI closing date and time (subject of the email: “REOI No. 560557-RL, ZODIAC – Call for Partnership”).
- Submissions via links to external servers, such as through cloud storage services (iCloud, Dropbox, Google Drive, etc.), are not acceptable.
- The EOI shall be received by the IAEA not later than the Closing Date and Time. Incomplete EOI and EOI submitted after the Closing Date or if sent to another IAEA e-mail address or official will be disregarded, unless the IAEA decides otherwise, in its sole discretion.
- REOI 560557-RL ZODIAC Cover letter (PDF)
- REOI 560557-RL Special Instructions (PDF)
- Annex 3 – D – MiSeq (PDF)
- Annex 3 – C – Ion (PDF)
- Annex 3 – B – MOLECULAR (PDF)