The United Nations Secretariat invites qualified interested firms to express interest by submitting EOI documents for the following works:
The United Nations Secretariat is one of the six major organs of the United Nations, with the others being the General Assembly, the Security Council, the Economic and Social Council, the defunct Trusteeship Council, and the International Court of Justice. The secretariat is the UN’s executive arm.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Expression of Interest (EOI) – Establishment of Roadmaps for the Implementation of the Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labelling of Chemicals (GHS) in 4 African countries
EOI Number: EOIUNON19730
Description of Requirements
The United Nations Office at Nairobi (UNON), on behalf of United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) invites qualified interested firms to submit Expression of Interest (EOI) to participate in the upcoming solicitation for establishment of roadmaps for the implementation of the globally harmonized system of classification and labelling of chemicals (GHS) in 4 African countries.
UNEP seeks to acquire the services of a qualified contractor to establish roadmaps for the implementation of the Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labelling of Chemicals (GHS) in 4 African countries which are Ghana, Kenya, Côte d’Ivoire and Nigeria. The overall goal is to create a framework through this 4-country pilot project to further support the implementation of the GHS at the global level.
Some of the expected outcome, output and activities are:
- Develop a country baseline and thoroughly assess the state of the existing legal framework of each country.
- Perform a gap assessment and clarify each government’s readiness in terms of institutional capacity to implement and enforce the GHS.
- Provide a detailed implementation plan for each country outlining the steps needed to enable each individual state to implement the GHS. The assessment should also identify existing limitations in competencies and governmental infrastructure required.
- Carry out outreach activities consisting of presentation and discussion of the Implementation plan with each country.
- Testing and evaluating the benefits of a long-term approach to supporting countries through the implementation and adoption process with financial and technical assistance.
- Capturing lessons learned from the project to develop a framework and case studies to be applied to other countries.
- Develop training packages that can be reused by other countries.
- Generate a regional aspiration effect.
The complete details of the requirement will be provided in the tender documents that will be issued to bidders after this request for EOI is closed.
Application Closing Date
6th May, 2022.
Submission of Documents
Interested vendors/organizations should Click Here to express interest to this EOI electronically.
In case you have difficulties submitting your interest electronically, please contact [email protected] , [email protected] directly for instructions.
Click Here (PDF) for more clarifications on the EOI.