The African Union Commission (AUC) invites eligible Individual Consultants to submit EOI documents for the following:
The African Union Commission (AUC) is the AU’s secretariat and undertakes the day to day activities of the Union. It is based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Request for Quotations (RFQ) – Consultancy Services to Prepare Documentary Profile Film: African Committee of Experts on the Rights and Welfare of the Child (ACERWC)
Procurement Number: AUC/ICD/NC/010
The vision of the African Union is that of “An integrated, prosperous and peaceful Africa, driven by its own citizens and representing a dynamic force in the global arena”. This vision is elaborated in Agenda 2063, Africa’s shared strategic framework for inclusive growth and development and which aims to harness and optimise the use of Africa’s resources for the benefits of all Africans to realise the 7 continental Aspirations of the African people that will ensure we transform and have the Africa we want by the year 2063.
Specifically, Aspiration 3 of Agenda 2063 which recognises the importance of protecting the rights of citizens and ensuring that all Africans can achieve their full potential and contribute to Africa’s development and Aspiration 6 which calls for an Africa, whose development is people-driven, relying on the potential of African people, especially its women and youth, and caring for children.
The African Committee of Experts on the Rights and Welfare of the Child (ACERWC) which is based in Maseru, Lesotho, is one of the key judicial institutions charged with supporting the AU’s work in the area of championing the promotion and protection of human and people’s rights in Africa with a specific focus on the rights of Children. ACERWC draws its mandate from the African Charter on the Rights and Welfare of the Child.
The Directorate of Information & Communication (DIC) invites companies that are registered and operating as business entities within Member States of the AU to submit their proposals for the Production of a corporate profile film on the mandate and work of the African Committee of Experts on the Rights and Welfare of the Child (ACERWC). We are looking for companies that have extensive experience in producing themed films on socio-economic, political and development related issues for public sector institutions and producing quality breakthrough content that resonates with target audiences and encourages public participation and discourse on key issues.
To raise awareness of the African Union and its Pan-African vision for an integrated, prosperous and peaceful Africa and the initiatives being undertaken to deliver on Africa’s sustainable growth objectives by promoting good governance, rule of law and protection of human rights as encapsulated in Agenda 2063, Africa’s strategic framework for inclusive growth and sustainable development:
- Create awareness about Agenda 2063 Aspiration 6 for “An Africa, whose development is people-driven, relying on the potential of African people, especially its women and youth, and caring for children
- Create awareness of the African Charter on the Rights and Welfare of the Child and the provisions the Charter
- Focus on the work of ACERWC to deliver a deeper understanding of its mandate, its structure and its key programmes around:
- Promoting and protecting the Rights of Children in Africa
- Reporting frameworks
- Correlation between the work of the ACWERC and other judicial organs and AU Commission departments namely the the African Commission on Human and People’s Rights (ACHPR), African Court on Human and People’s Rights (AfCHPR), the African Union Advisory Board on Corruption (AUABC) and The AU Commission on International Law (AUCIL), the AU Commission Departments of Health, Humanitarian Affairs and Social Development (HHS); Education, Science, Technology and Innovation (ESTI) and Political Affairs, Peace and Security (PAPS),.
Scope of Work
The successful firm will be expected to work with the Directorate of Information & Communication to conceptualize and develop an informative film that will transmit the key messages of the African Union’s work in the area of human rights, good governance and the rule of law with a focus on the work of the ACERWC. Specifically, the firm will be required to develop content that is insightful, innovative, informative / educational and appealing to a wide array of audiences across the continent.
Qualification and Eligibility Requirements
To apply for the contract, the responding companies are expected to provide the following in their proposals:
- Synopsis of the company / company profile and highlighting previous experience on similar projects
- Sample Evidence of previous work
- Proposed Creative Direction and Methodology for implementing the project
- Detailed technical capability and capacity to undertake the work as per TOR i.e.
- Profile of Project team
- Proposed Budget
Application Closing Date
6th May, 2022.
Submission of Documents
Quotations must be returned to below email. Please send you financial proposal separately in a Pdf format and it shall be password protected. However, the password shall be submitted by to the AUC upon request and after concluding the evaluation of technical evaluation.
Email: [email protected] Cc [email protected]
Click Here (PDF) for more clarifications on the RFQ.