Breakthrough ACTION Nigeria invites interested, capable and experienced firm(s) / service providers to indicate interest by submitting Request for proposal documents for the following works:
Breakthrough ACTION is a five-year cooperative agreement funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) to lead their social behavior change (SBC) programming around the world. Breakthrough ACTION is a partnership led by the Johns Hopkins Center for Communication Programs (CCP) in collaboration with Save the Children, ThinkPlace, ideas42, Camber Collective, International Center for Research on Women, and Viamo.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Request for Proposal (RFP) – Human Resources Software / Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)
The Johns Hopkins University Centre for Communication Programs (CCP), Baltimore USA, has received USAID funding, under the Breakthrough ACTION Nigeria (BA-N) project, to implement health promotion and social and behaviour change interventions in Nigeria from 2018-2022 across 11 states and the Federal Capital Territory. This project works with the Federal and State Ministries of Health to build their capacity in social and behaviour change (SBC) leadership and implement cutting-edge social and behavioural interventions to improve the health and well-being of Nigerians across a broad array of health areas, including Maternal, Neonatal, Child Health and Nutrition (MNCH+N), Family Planning, Malaria and Tuberculosis. BA-N intervention states include: Bauchi, Kebbi, Sokoto, Zamfara, Cross River, Ebonyi, Nasarawa, Benue, Akwa Ibom, Oyo, Plateau States, and FCT Abuja.
BA-N’s Human Resource team requires a comprehensive HR software/ERP to automate Human Resource /Administrative functions and processes that are currently being carried out manually. This RFP seeks to identify a qualified firm to provide and manage an HR software/ERP per scope of work provided in this document. The provider will be evaluated based on how much its software/ERP would cater for BA-N current needs (as stated below), timeline, previous/similar solutions provided, post installation services/training and cost.
Scope of Work
The service provider will be responsible for providing the following customized solutions:
- Employee Profile Creation (all employee data in one place);
- Talent Acquisition Solutions (placing ads, segmenting/sieving CVs, email notification to candidates etc.).
- Leave Administration (leave tracking, requests and approvals).
- Tracking of Employee Learning & Development (L&D).
- Contract Management (contract drafting, tracking, etc.)
- Timesheet Management.
- Performance Appraisals & Reviews (Annual Performance Review (APR) notification, approvals etc.)
- Compensation Life-cycle Management.
- HR Reporting, Metrics & Analytics.
- Staff Onboarding and Offboarding Portals.
- Including additional HR/Administrative services not limited to those mentioned above.
Eligibility of Bidders
All bidders must show their eligibility to participate in this procurement by providing copies of the following documents.
- Legal Certificate of Incorporation in Nigeria – Submit as a single document with no other attachments.
- Tax Identification Certification – submit as a single document with no other attachments
Submission of Proposals / Selection Criteria:
Interested firms/consultants should make submissions not exceeding ten (10) pages, and must include information which addresses following criteria for selection;
- Description of proposed software/ERP solution to accomplish the scope of work and deliverables mentioned in the RFP.
- Timeline: Provide timeline for complete setup up of ERP system from date of award.
- Organization capacity with description of relevant software/ERP experience:
- Include at least three similar solutions that have been undertaken in the past three years, the clients (including contact person and phone number) and a brief description of the projects.
- Costing: The costing component of the application should include a detailed budget for all activities (in naira and USD) and should be accompanied with budget justification notes.
- Training: Specify the type of pre-set up uptraining and ongoing support during the life span of engagement.
The following items will be delivered to BA-N:
- A fully functioning system to deliver the described scope.
- Seamless migration of data from BA-N existing systems to the new system.
- Pre and ongoing support throughout the duration of engagement.
Application Closing Date
5:00pm (West African Central Time), 8th April, 2022.
Submission of Documents
To facilitate the competitive review of the proposals, all documents should be sent in two PDF files: 1) the narrative proposal and 2) the cost proposal. The Narrative submissions must not be more than 10 pages with cost submitted in a separate file and should capture all requirements. All company registration and Tax certifications should be submitted as separate files. Any bids received without following the submission instructions will be disqualified. Only shortlisted vendors will be contacted for further discussions.
Proposals should be addressed to Project Director, BA-Nigeria with Subject: Human Resources Software/ Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and sent via email to: [email protected]
- Please state your payment terms while quoting.
- However, CCP reserves the right to negotiate payment terms in accordance with USAID and JHU policies and practices.
- BA-N is VAT exempt, so please do not include VAT when quoting.
- Also note that BA-N will deduct 10% withholding tax to be remitted to FIRS.
- Payment will be made after submission of vendor invoice and acceptance/certification of items by BA-N.
- BA-N reserves the right to consider any quotations received before the end of the deadline. Any deviation from the specifications contained in the RFQ will lead to the vendor’s DISQUALIFICATION.
- Award will be made to the responsible applicant(s) whose application(s) best meets the requirements of this RFP and the selection criteria contained herein. Issuance of this RFP does not constitute an award commitment on the part of CCP or its funding agency. Applications are submitted at the risk of the applicant and all preparation and submission costs are at the applicant’s expense. Applicants must provide all required information in their application or may be deemed non-responsive.
- JHU reserves the right (but is not under obligation to do so) to enter discussions with one or more applicants in order to obtain clarifications, additional detail, or refinements in the application. Oral discussions may be conducted. JHU reserves the right to fund any or none of the applications submitted and reserves the right to award either the entire scope of work to one applicant or a partial scope of work to more than one applicant.