The National Agency for the Control of Aids (NACA) invites interested and reputable consultants with the requisite experience to indicate interest by submitting RFP documents for the following works:
The National Agency for the Control of Aids (NACA) is an organisation charged with the responsibility of facilitating the development and management of the policies and strategies of all sectors to ensure the human, financial and organizational resources to support the successful execution of the national HIV/AIDS response programme in Nigeria.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Request for Proposal (RFP) – Engagement of Consultant to Assess Capacity to Create Responsive, Science-Shaped, Datadriven, and Context-Specific Communications for Covid-19 and Epidemic-Prone Diseases at Sub-National Levels
The ongoing to the COVID-19 pandemic response has shown that right information delivered in the right way to the right audience and at the right time can promote positive response and adherence to public health recommended safety measures. It has been noticed that the states have limited capacity to use data to drive risk communication campaigns at the subnational levels and as such, training is necessary to build the needed skills to use data to inform risk communication activities. In other for the training to be effective, there is need to carry out a risk communication capacity need assessment to assess and develop state-specific training curriculum and train the team to create responsive, science-shaped, data-driven, and context-specific communications for COVID-19 and epidemic-prone diseases at the sub-national levels.
The assessment will help to identify priorities in terms of preparedness to respond positively to reduce risks, identify gaps and requirements to inform risk communication efforts that can produce efficient results and a tangible impact during a public health event.
Specific Duties for this role will include the following:
- Develop questionnaire to access the state’s capacity to create data-driven, and context-specific communications for COVID-19 and epidemic-prone diseases
- Develop FGD guide to access the state’s capacity to create data-driven, and context-specific communications for COVID-19 and epidemic-prone diseases
- Participate in training RCCE officers in NCDC to collect data
- Travel to supervise data collection process in the States
- Analyze and develop report of the assessment
- Present result to the NCDC team
- Identified state-specific gaps and challenges
- Findings will inform the development of state-specific training curriculum for Risk communication
Qualification and Experience
- Minimum of MSc in social sciences, public health, Information Systems, or any other related field of study
- Minimum of 3 years’ progressive experience relevant to project management.
- Experience in implementing Global fund or any other donor funded project(s)
- A knowledge and evidence of standard software packages (Microsoft package) and the ability to learn project-specific software if required
- Strong IT, administrative and data analysis skills
- Good written & oral communication /presentation skills
- Organizational skills & ability to multitask
- Excellent inter-personal skills as well as working well within a team environment
- Good Data Management & Analysis
Application Closing Date
12:00 noon Tuesday, 12th April, 2022.
Submission of Documents
The detailed Proposal must be in English Language and submitted in three (3) hard copies each (one original & two copies) of the requested documents and proposal. The documents shall then be enclosed and sealed in one (1) single outer envelope, and clearly marked at the topmost right corner “Consultant to Assess Capacity to Create Responsive, Science-Shaped, Data-Driven, And Context-Specific Communications for Covid-19 and Epidemic-Prone Diseases at Sub-National Levels ” and the Name, Address, Email and Phone Number of the Consultant boldly written at the back of the envelope, with acknowledgement to NACA office at the:
National Agency for the Control of AIDS (NACA),
Ground Floor Room 1.08,
No. 3 Zinguinchor Street,
Beside AEDC Office,
Wuse zone 4,
F.C.T – Abuja.
Email: [email protected]
Notes / Disclaimer
- Late submissions will not be accepted.
- NACA shall verify any or all documents and claims made by applicants and will disqualify consultants with falsified documents and claims.
- If it is determined that submitted documents and claims have been falsified, the consultant may face prosecution in a court of Law.
- NACA shall not be held responsible for any disqualified proposal as a result of any omission or deletion relating to the submission guidelines.
- This advertisement shall not be construe a contract to any Consultant, nor shall it entitle any Consultant submitting documents to claim any indemnity from NACA.
- NACA is not bound to shortlist any Consultant, and reserves the right to annul the bidding process at any time without incurring any liabilities or providing reason.
Click Here (PDF) for more clarifications on the RFP.