Plan International invites qualified and interested consultant(s) to submit RFQ documents for the following works:
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And it’s girls who are most affected. Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood. And we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Request for Quotation (RFQ) – Solutions Architect Consultancy
Background / Context
The Digital Data Collection Tool (DDCT) Suite has been set up to come up with a collection of vetted, approved and supported DDCTs. To date, four DDCTs have been identified and have been approved to be part of the Suite after a comprehensive and participatory evaluation process. These are TaroWorks, Commcare, Poimapper and KoboToolBox.
This year, the one of the key objectives of the Plan Digital & Innovation team is to implement the Suite. The DDCT suite will harness the power of digital technology to transform the way Plan delivers outcomes for children, and to extend the organisation’s reach and impact.
This RFP seeks to engage a Solutions architect to develop a comprehensive end to end solution for one of the tools in the suits. The scope of this assignment will be limited to Commcare.
The consultant will be required to have an in-depth understanding of the architecture of the tool, the Plan IT infrastructure network and mobile digital data collection in a humanitarian context. This will put the architect a position to design an end-to-end solution for tool (Commcare) that will satisfy the organisation’s need to use mobile digital data collection as a viable option to efficient, secure and cost-effective data collection.
The objective of this consultancy is obtaining a clear and comprehension solution for Commcare that will aid in the implementation of the DDCT suite. With a detailed end to end solution for each of the tools, Plan International will be able to assess the modalities around implementing the suite within the organization.
The key deliverables of this consultancy will enable the Plan IT and D&I teams to:
- Ascertain the overall feasibility of implementing the mobile digital data collection tool
- Determine resource allocations
- Determine the impact the tool has on the programmes
- Identifying risks associated with running the tool as one of the mobile digital data collection solutions.
Expected Qualifications of Consultant
Solution Architect Competences:
- Efficient communication skills.
- Resolving technical problems as they arise.
- Positive outlook in meeting challenges and working to a high level.
Solution Architect Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Software Engineering, Computer Science, or related field.
- Proven experience in software architecture design.
- Ability to analyse and integrate solutions within existing network
- Knowledge of mobile network technology
- Knowledge of mobile device security
- in-depth understanding of digital data collection tools. Knowledge of Commcare is a distinct advantages.
- Sound knowledge of working with operating systems and databases.
- Understanding of current best practices regarding system security measures.
Application Closing Date
7th April, 2022.
Submission of Documents
Please send your application to Plan International Tuvola Koroma: [email protected] referencing “RFQ FY22 – 108 Solutions Architect Consultancy” in the subject line and including support documents as outlined.
List of Documents to be Submitted with the RFQ
The interested applicants are required to provide a proposal covering the following aspects:
- Detailed response to the ToR
- Proposed methodology
- Ethics and child safeguarding approaches, including any identified risks and associated mitigation strategies
- Proposed timelines
- Example of previous work
- Detailed budget, including daily fee rates, expenses, etc.
N/B: All consultants/applicant are required to agree and adhere to Plan International’s Non-Staff Code of Conduct.
Click Herefor more clarifications on the RFQ.