The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) invites interested companies / vendors with relevant experience to tender RFP documents for the following works:
- A stakeholder mapping and baseline assessment of approximately 5 exporting countries.
- Manage the national stakeholder engagement and relationship building processes in key exporting countries and coordinate with key stakeholders (including, UNDP country offices and regional advisers and team leaders, Global Coffee Platform national teams, key counterpart institutions and stakeholders, EU missions and other potential donors and partners).
- Coordinate relationships with ICO and CPPTF Secretariat, as well as other Technical Workstream leads, and ensure participation in joint processes.
- Co-design and support processes to develop or strengthen national multi-stakeholder platforms in several exporting countries, using the ECA methodology and in close collaboration with the Global Coffee Platform. The processes will involve leading national stakeholders, potential global partners, such as donors, companies, or expert NGOs, as well as ICO CPPTF coordinators and facilitators.
- Support formulation of proposals for donor and company funding, based on the co-designing process, that will allow implementation of national collaborative process to transform national coffee sectors, as well as other CPPTF Roadmap priorities.
UNDP Green Commodities Community Platform:
- Assess the existing coffee dialogue platforms and knowledge hubs including their target groups and main content focus/objectives. Identify gaps and opportunities for a UNDP-facilitated platform with target audience groups (who are our clients?) and content focus/objectives.
- Prepare the set-up of the Coffee Space. Detailed lists of potential invitees, what are the topics and how will we cover them
- Membership recruitment and launch. Facilitation and coordinate interaction between members.
- The consultant will work from home.
- The consultant will report to, and be directly supervised by the GCP Senior Commodities Advisor and the GCC Manager, both based in Europe;
- The Consultant will be given access to relevant information necessary for execution of the tasks under this assignment.
- Payments will be made upon submission of a specification of deliverables report and certification of payment form, and acceptance and confirmation by the Supervisor on days worked.
- Academic degree (Master’s preferred) in relevant field, such as economy, sociology, biology, agronomy, business studies, development studies etc.
- Minimum 8 years’ work experience working with or in producing countries, ideally with public sector collaboration, and initiative development and implementation, or public-private partnerships.
- At least 4 years’ relevant experience in coffee/commodities, including in companies, coffee-focused organizations, development agencies or -projects.
- Insight into the sustainability challenges of the global coffee sector, understanding of the global coffee value-chains and its actors. Familiarity of the main players in the global coffee sector preferred.
- Experience working in or with exporting countries, ideally with existing key public coffee sector stakeholder relationships.
- Experience with multi-stakeholder dialogue and collaboration processes.
- Experience with digital community platforms preferred.
- Experience with development project formulation and management, for coffee as well as in general.
- Experience with UNDP or other UN agencies an advantage.
We are looking for someone who has:
- An excellent collaborative work style, with an openness to change and ability to receive/integrate feedback
- A track record with ways to promote diversity and inclusion in dialogue
- An excellent ability to plan, manage, organize, implement and report on work
- Demonstrated experience in virtual facilitation and use of virtual tools
- The ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines
- Outgoing, proactive and energetic personality
- Outstanding communication and advocacy skills
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills
- Demonstrated integrity and ethical standards
- Excellent oral and written English required (Pass/Fail)
- Additional languages, such as Spanish are an advantage.
Application Closing Date
4th April, 2022.
Submission of Documents
Proposal should be submitted only at the following email: [email protected] Your proposal should be submitted under subject/reference: 19514-2022: Individual Contract for “GCP Commodities Adviser (Coffee)”.
N/B: This process is directed only to one individual. Any proposal received by more than two individuals jointly or legal entity will be rejected. Likewise, all the proposals from consultants involved in the elaboration of the present Terms of Reference will be rejected.