The Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) invites eligible Consultants (firm) to indicate their interests by submitting EOI documents for the following works:
The Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) is a regional political and economic union of fifteen countries located in West Africa. Collectively, these countries comprise an area of 5,114,162 km², and in 2015 had an estimated population of over 349 million.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Expression of Interest (EOI) – Selection of a Consultancy Firm for Revamping and Digitizing The Archiving and Documentation Division of ECOWAS Commission
The ECOWAS Commission intends to use its resources to finance a service contract with a consulting firm (could be a single firm, a consortium or partnership thereof) that will be responsible for revamping and digitizing the archiving and documentation division of ECOWAS commission
The main objective is to transform and organise the archives and documents in digital format and build capacity of staff to render quality virtual services to staff in particular and the public in general.
Duties and Responsibilities of the Consultant Firm
The firm’s mission will be to propose a methodology for creating an improved Archiving and Documentation with an online database. This methodology must at least contain the following stages however, they can be adapted based on the consultant’s advice and needs identified by ECOWAS:
- Comprehensive review of the proposed solution
- Preparations for the revamping and digitization of the proposed Archiving and Documentation Division
- Development and design of a web based database and deployment online
- Training in the uploading, management and updating of database
- Backstopping/ Sustaining the support
The ECOWAS Commission now invites eligible Consultants (firm) to indicate their interests in providing these services. Interested, eligible and qualified consulting firms must provide full information on their qualifications and experience, demonstrating that they are qualified and experienced in providing similar services.
The criteria for shortlisting are as follows:
- General experience of the firm – IT firm with proven expertise in Library, Archiving and Documentation software, IT solutions in project management as well as organizational support in Library and Archival management;
- Specific experience of the firm – Have an excellent knowledge of the following products: Content Management System (CMS), Information Management Systems (IMS) Operating System, Web server (Apache, IIS); Have experience in consultancy for international and/or public institutions in Library, Archiving and Documentation management;
- Must have executed similar assignments and provide three recent references for similar projects carried out;
- Exhibit capacity to engage at least four consultants that can deliver on the objectives of the study and one of them will be the lead consultant (list, qualifications, and relevant experience in Library, Archiving and Documentation or Computer Science, or relevant field);
- IT Skills and equipment
- Demonstrate ability to communicate and to report in either English, French or Portuguese languages (Knowledge of a second official language will be of added advantage);
NB: In addressing the above listed criteria, consulting firms must provide tangible evidence and detailed references for all claims made in terms of experience and capabilities, similar assignments, etc. Each reference provided should be summarized on a project sheet, and will be considered and accepted only if the candidate attaches supporting documents indicating the contact information of the contracting authorities so as to facilitate verification of the information provided, covering contracts OR copies of attestation(s) of good performance of each contract presented, as issued and signed by the client.
Application Closing Date
11:00am (GMT+1) Nigerian Time, 11th April, 2022.
Submission of Documents
Expressions of Interest (EOIs) must be delivered in sealed envelopes (1 signed Original and 3 Copies) in English, French or Portuguese and clearly marked “Selection of a Consultant (Firm) for revamping and digitizing the archiving and documentation division of ECOWAS commission”. EOIs must be sent to the ECOWAS Tender Box is located in the:
Directorate of General Administration,
1st Floor ECOWAS Commission,
101 Yakubu Gowon Crescent,
P. M. B. 401
F.C.T – Abuja.
Please note that electronic submissions are accepted and shall be addressed to the e-mails stated below.
Interested consulting firms can obtain further information at the e-mail addresses mentioned below, during working days and hours of the ECOWAS Commission from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 pm (Local Time – Nigeria): [email protected] with copy to [email protected] , [email protected] , [email protected] , [email protected] , [email protected]
- The overall duration of the assignment is estimated at 18 months.
- Interested Consulting firms may apply as a consortium or partnership to ensure and/or boost their consolidated capacities to execute the assignment.
- The eligibility criteria, the preparation of shortlist, and the selection procedure shall comply with the ECOWAS Rules and Procedures for the Use of Consultants” (ECOWAS Procurement Code), available on its website: http://www.ecowas.int The selection procedure will be based on Quality and Cost Based Selection, and a shortlist of six (6) firms which present the best profiles shall be drawn up after the expression of interest.
- Also the firms that are part of an international network are to submit one expression of interest.
- Please note that the selected consultant firm will be expected to submit all required reports in English or French.
- The attention of interested Consulting firms is particularly drawn to Article 118 of the ECOWAS Revised Procurement Code (“Infringements by Candidates, Bidders and Awardees”), providing information on corrupt or fraudulent practices in competing for or executing a contract. In addition, please refer to the following specific information on conflict of interest related to this assignment as per “Article 119 of the ECOWAS Revised Procurement Code.