The United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) invites eligible and competent companies to tender RFQ documents for the following works:
The United Nations Population Fund UNFPA, formerly the United Nations Fund for Population Activities, is a UN agency aimed at improving reproductive and maternal health worldwide. UNFPA is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person’s potential is fulfilled.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Request for Quotation (RFQ) – Promotion and Usage of the Youth Platform (Menassati) and the Digital Tool Shabab IT
Reference No: RFQ Nº UNFPA/ASRO/RFQ/22/003
Preamble The United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) Arab States Regional Office in partnership with the Tunisian Ministry of Youth and Sports and with UN agencies organized the second Youth Forum in the Arab Region, which was held in Tunis, 20-22 August 2019. The second Forum gathered more than 250 participants from 20 Arab countries comprising representatives of adolescents and youth, ministers and policy/decision-makers, youth and other civil society organizations/ networks, academic and research institutions, artists and influencers, entrepreneurs and the private sector, media, plus, United Nations agencies and other development partners.
Several recommendations came out from the youth forum, among them the development of:
- The regional youth platform menassati (My Platform): it is a youth-led digital space that brings young people together to join efforts, find ways and opportunities to strengthen youth development in the Arab region. Menassati will serve as the backbone of future Youth Forums in the Arab Region, that it becomes a place where youth can convene digitally, share ideas, and work collectively to further the youth agenda in relation to knowledge, programming, and policies.
- The digital tool Shabab IT: is a digital solution for Youth-friendly Services designed to capture and meet youth knowledge, information, educational, and health needs. Their aim was to create an instrument or tool that would enable youth to gauge local implementation of programmes and services using physical and digital means.
Objectives of the Regional Youth Platform It is an online platform that aims to:
- Be a tool for advocacy for youth
- Space for dialogue and exchange of ideas
- Include as many young people as possible
- Empower young people by giving them the tools to connect, communicate and initiate.
- Facilitate knowledge and information sharing throughout the Arab States, with a focus on innovative approaches and initiatives.
- Allow Partners to publish opportunities and events.
- Enable youth to share initiatives and get notified of different opportunities and events.
Objectives of the Digital tool Shabab IT:
- Capture and meet youth knowledge, information, educational, and health needs.
- Enable youth to gauge local implementation of programmes and services using physical and digital means.
- Increase access to high quality, dignified and reliable youth-friendly services
- Be a tool to allow young people to express their feedback and expectations on youth-friendly services in the region
Scope of Work To propose appropriate strategic directions and plans for the promotion and the usage of the tools (youth platform and Digital tool Shabab IT) by young people, regional partners, and networks.
More specifically, it is requested to:
- Review of Current Platform and the digital tool: Conduct an assessment of the Youth Platform and the digital tool to identify strategic directions to improve traffic and usage of the youth platform and the digital tool.
- Conduct interviews with the key stakeholders (UNFPA staff, youth task force team, developers of the tools and their contents …) to better understand the process and seek new opportunities to add new content to the tools.
- Review of the profile of the key users of the platform and the digital tool: This will help our understanding of key users of the youth platform and the digital tool: needs, expectations, weaknesses, and strengths in accessing information and services in their communities, their technology habits, etc. This process will focus on the re-design of the portal to be mainly viewed by big screen (computers) and also enabled for a user-friendly mobile experience.
To design the visual layout of a web application that meets the objective described above, the vendor will work with [client] to:
- Review Current Platform Components: The vendor will thoroughly review the existing platform and consult with [client and stakeholders] on each existing functional component to ensure a comprehensive design strategy that aligns with requirements or preconceived ideas from the client.
- Clearly Define User Stories: User stories explain the path and options a user can take given the required business logic of an application in simple terms. They help to define the purpose of a website, each of its functions, acknowledge the individuals who will use the application, and uncover assumptions about the technology’s purpose.
- Define Web Layout: Vendor will use the user stories and existing platform images, media, and components to develop a comprehensive layout, including design assets such as color palettes and fonts, and component placement for each page required on the site, up to a maximum of 10 pages.
- Incorporate Feedback Throughout: Constructive feedback is a necessary part of the design process. The scope of work assumes two rounds of user feedback and will hold follow-up calls after each design iteration, and provide a record of all changes requested.
- Platform Components and User Stories Report: The output of this phase will be a brief report (5-7 pages) and a presentation to key UNFPA stakeholders involved in the website and digital tool (mobile app) re-design and strategy re-alignment process.
- Static Visual Mockups: The vendor will provide up to 5 pages to be used in [client] presentation and marketing materials. These will be non-functional, flat PDF documents or image files that represent the initial findings and outputs of Deliverable. The Static Mockups will show the agreed-upon layout and design decisions based on the iterative stakeholder/client design conversations.
- Visual Mockups: The vendor will provide [client] with a semi-interactive visual mockup of the website, outline key user interactions on the website including three demo interactive functionalities, and provide PDF layouts of design assets. The demo will be limited to the user interface only and will not include database interactivity. The demo will be hosted on a standalone URL separate from the live website. The visual mockups will not exceed 10 “pages” worth of designs.
RFQ Requirements Companies interested must submit and include, where applicable, the following documents:
- Technical proposal with a breakdown of activities and elaboration of process and timing for the phases of the project.
- Resumes of the persons who will perform consulting and consulting experience.
- Financial proposal detailing the proposed budget.
- Timeline for implementation and activities.
- Proof of past-related work conducted in line with specific requirements of the vendors in addition to demos from their previous projects.
Requisites for application/proposal submission:
- Demonstrated experience in design, development, and promotion of web applications
- Proven technical expertise and track record of developing/promoting content for mobile phone and web applications: The vendors should have a track record of similar projects.
- he company must have a proven track record of high-quality delivery of similar projects, and provide examples of innovative solutions to contribute to our project.
- Demonstrated capacity to develop monitoring tools to measure impact and distribution plans for the project beyond the development phase to ensure uptake.
- Deliverables will be produced in English unless otherwise noted.
Application Closing Date 4:00pm Thursday, 24th March, 2022.
Submission of Documents Quotations should be sent via email to: [email protected]
Please note the following guidelines for electronic submissions:
- The following reference must be included in the email subject line UNFPA/ASRO/RFQ/22/003 Promotion and usage of the youth platform (menassati) and the Digital tool Shabab IT. Proposals, including both technical and financial proposals, that do not contain the correct email subject line may be overlooked by the procurement officer and therefore not considered.
- The total email size may not exceed 20 MB (including email body, encoded attachments and headers). Where the technical details are in large electronic files, it is recommended that these be sent separately before the deadline.
- Any quotation submitted will be regarded as an offer by the bidder and does not constitute or imply the acceptance of any quotation by UNFPA. UNFPA is under no obligation to award a contract to any bidder as a result of this RFQ.
Click Here (PDF) for a detailed description of the RFQ.